Need Automotive Name for Beer

The Seal Cove Auto Museum in Maine, where we have a collection of antique Brass Era cars, is having a beer created for us by a local brewery for an event we’re hosting (a Car-B-Que) and we need a name! The beer is a Smokey Scottish Ale. Ideas?
Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you need to avoid trademarked brand names? I figured I’d ask before people start offering ideas containing those.

Bad Rings Smoked Ale

If you want to get really esoteric in a way that some of your museum docents might recognize, call it October 1914, because Model T engines prior to that date lacked drain holes in the valve chambers, and tend to fill up with oil, causing them to smoke unless you drill some yourself.

2 Likes

yes, probably best to avoid trademarked brand names.

haha, love it! none of the attendees to the event would get it, but I like it…

Bad Rings Smoked Ale is good too!

You could call it “Smokey Scottish Ale”.

1 Like

Here’s a few:

Torque, quarter mile, steel belted, head liner, filler up, high test, lug wrench, blinker fluid, fan belt, formula one, open road.

1 Like

that’s a bummer. I bet you’d sell a lot of beer if you called it “Budwiser.”

:smiley:

1 Like

I usually come up with the best names when I can sample the product :wink: :beers:

1 Like

Dont use Old Engine Oil. It’s already taken, and a great beer, too.

Antifreeze is generic.
Beltline.
Flex fuel
Supercharger

1 Like

Fun beer trivia: Old Speckled Hen is named after a car. The former brewery was in an old MG factory, and MG commissioned it to do a commemorative beer for them.

MG workers in the factory used a ratty old MG to run around the factory in. It got splashed with paint flecks over the years, so they called it the “awd speckled 'un,” and that’s how the beer got its name.

Pretty good beer, too.

1 Like

How about “Smokey Scottish Lubricant”?

1 Like

Absolutely, you can get it dk too.

Seal Cove Auto Museum

SCAM’s Scottish Ale

hemi head
turbo
blow-by
wasted spark

thanks but we trying to avoid the acronym “SCAM” like the plague, for obvious reasons!

1 Like

Because you are asking on this site, how about
Tappet Ale,
Tappet Bros. Ale,
Tappets Scottish Ale,
Tappet Bros. Scottish Ale

Only federal trademark that comes close is
GAMMEL OPLAND AQUAVIT SIDEN 1891 DESTILLERT, MODNET OG TAPPET I NORGE NORSK FATMODNET AQUAVIT OPLANDSKE SPRITFABRIK FUSELFRI DOBBELT DESTILLERT LIVERPOOL 1886 PARIS 1888 STOCKHOLM 1897 BERGEN 1898
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4805:6lh4n.2.3

Oil Burner Smokey Ale

Hemi-head beer.

Per a long time member of his forum maybe Rod Knox would work. I think it’s kind of a very cool ID.

There’s a dark ale by the New Belgium Brewing Company called Fat Tire but that gets into licensing issues.

3 Likes