My 2009 Honda Pilot wont go into drive!?

While my wife was driving tonight the VSA light went on, the emergency brake light went on, and the “D” for drive was flashing green. She stopped the car and called me. One the Car was in park, it would not go back into the Drive, and it continued to flash green. I’ve tried pulling fuses, disconnecting the battery. The other issue is that The hazard lights will not work and the turning blinker will not function. i have determined its an electrical issue. other than that I’m clueless. Any help will be appreciated. thanks

I popped the button just below port just below the shifter and manually put in drive and drove it home… Big thanks to the Tow Truck guy for that hack!!!

I bet you need a transmission pressure switch. I’ve been told it’s a common problem.

thank you!

I have a 2009 pilot with 118k on it. For more info go to piloteers.org This is a great forum.

A flashing “D” is the check transmission light. You can plug in a scanner to the port below your steering wheel and read the code and it will point you i the right direction. AutoZone and some other parts stores will read your code for free if you like (except in California) and with that, you can figure out what it is you need.

1 Like

Try cleaning the battery posts and terminals. You might get lucky.

What was the diagnosis? The same exact thing is happening to my 2009 Honda Pilot. I had it towed to the mechanic yesterday. No word yet :confused:

This is a 7 year old thread so you probably will not get a reply . It is at a shop so just wait for them to tell what the problem actually is.

Good point. I’m new here. 7 years IS a long time. I wasn’t paying attention to the date. I was happy to find someone with the same predicament.

Just trying to hear from the real folks that have experienced this exact same thing. Knowledge is power.

You might check out Pilot forums.

1 Like

If Noodlelover ( has to be a story behind that screen name ) even gets some replies I hope he doesn’t tell the shop what to do . Just stand back and let them do their job .

Thank you.

Thanks for your opinions.

I’m not one to tell someone how to do their job.

@Noodlelover22_183120 , if you haven’t already, might be a good idea to see what the forum search links yields as well. Perhaps other posters in other threads here have mentioned this same problem. Link upper right this page.

A lot of people do take responses on a forum like this and try to tell the mechanic what to do. We don’t know you and aren’t sure whether you would do that or not. I’m glad you use information collected here to help you understand what might be wrong and use it to generate informed questions for the mechanic.

1 Like