Missed deadline for cracked dash - 2006 Lexus RX 400h

Did not know of Lexus dashboard replacement ZE6. In the military and was deployed at the time the program expired 5/31/2017. Just found out upon my return and now Lexus refuses to cover my cracked dashboard?! Anyone else experience Lexus’ refusal simply b/c program ‘expired’.

Yes, other owners have gone past the date.

While they aren’t obligated to cover it, a nice letter to the Lexus corporate service contact explaining your situation might work.

3 Likes

I agree with @texases here.
the adage “you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar” seems appropriate here.

Technically you are out of luck. They set a specified time (11 years is pretty extraordinary for something like this,) and you missed it. But write a nice letter, stating why you missed it, why you didn’t know about it, and see what they will do. Hopefully, they will have some respect for your service and help you out.

2 Likes

Thanks for your time. Contacted Lexus Corporate in TX. They ultimately approved the extended service warranty repairs. Renewed our faith in Lexus.

1 Like

Thank you for your time and consideration. Contacted Lexus Coporated in TX. They have approved repairs to the dashboard- restored our faith in Lexus.

Thanks for your time. Contacted Lexus Corporate in TX. They have approved the repairs. Our faith in Lexus has been restored.

I was going to suggest having your JAG officer appeal to them but looks like you took care of it yourself. The least that could be done for your service to your country.

Thanks for your time and support. Lexus Corporate acted swiftly upon our request.