Mini semi truck build

I have a 1955 international R-162. I’m planning on removing the box and adding a sleeper to the cab. It’s going to get the works; chrome, stacks, drop visors… ect.

I recently dragged home an old pace arrow motor home. I brought it home to use as a donor vehicle. The international has dayton split rims. I want to run rubles tires. My solution is the motor home. The axles with the wheel tire combos are going to be swapped under the international frame.

The motor home has a mopar 440 with a 727 and a dana 70 for an axle. The problem i have right now is the wheels that came off the motor home at 17.5 inches with an 8x6.5 lug pattern. I would like taller wheel tire combos but I’m unfamiliar with common wheel sizes that i would be able to find at a “you pull it” yard, and what tire sizes that would fit said wheels that are common enough to buy at most tire shops in case of emergency.

The intent for this truck is to pull large gooseneck and 5th wheel trailers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Google says:

Wheels for the 8x6.5" bolt pattern is one of the most common 8 lug truck fitments in the wheel world today. The 8x6.5" bolt pattern has been used on the Dodge Ram 2500 & 3500 dating back to 1946, Ford F250 & F350 trucks from 1955 to 1998, and also the Chevy & GMC 2500 & 3500 trucks from 1967 to 2011. The Hummer H2 has also shared the 8x6.5" wheel bolt pattern. Considering the wide range of both vehicles and years of production with the 8x6.5" bolt pattern, rims for these trucks are readily available in many sizes from 16" up to 24" through BB Wheels. We offer a wide selection of brands, models, finishes, and sizes for the 8x6.5" wheels with free shipping & the nation’s guaranteed best online pricing. Call us today to order you 8x6.5" rims.

8x6.5 Bolt Pattern Wheels | Truck Wheels | BB Wheels.

1 Like

You had better be planning on pulling only light loads. If not, you are sending a boy to do a mans job.

1 Like

Thank you. I have a pretty long list of other things I already know that you can pick from to answer further questions.