Looking for substitutions for this part

Junior, the answer is “yup”. Once I have a nomenclature I use a search engine to look for the correct part from an aftermarket supplier. It’s usually available far cheaper than the dealer’s price.

This rarely fails me, although it did last year. I had the schematic and wiring diagram to create a harness to connect driving lights to the OEM harness, and I even researched the connector part number. But, alas, it was a proprietary part and Toyota would not sell just the connector, I had to buy the whole harness at some absurd price.

I even tried looking in connector manufacturer’s databases, but was unable to find the generic part… if there even is one.

Looks like you either dig deep and buy the Porsche part (maybe there’s an online Porsche club you can join and get a discount from a sponsor dealer?) or you cobble up something using a piece of old tire tube or shoe sole or sidewall rubber from a used up tire. Your choice. Finding something similar, like from a small appliance parts depot, is a very long shot and the time and effort you will spend isn’t worth it to most of us.

@Bing @Mustangman and whomever made the excellent suggestion to check McMaster-Carr - they have precisely what I have been looking for, and importantly, easy to navigate. I had never heard of them, or at least never looked into it or remembered. Thanks also to the creative tinkerers’ for their ideas, also appreciated!

It does seem I will get the genuine parts, but I’ll hope to get a sample of block rubber for later. Also the idea to freeze it and use soap when cutting was excellent @Mustangman