Logouts?

So much for it NOT happening again. I got logged-out 10 times in the past 5 minutes. Every time I clicked on a thread…it got logged-off…then I log back in…then it logged me off again.

@MikeInNH‌, it’s happening to me, too. I’ve contacted support for a status update. Not sure when the improvements were supposed to happen, but I’m still holding out hope this will get better.

That’s odd. It hasn’t happened to me today and I’m usually constantly afflicted by it.

That’s odd. It hasn’t been happening to me but today…I’m constantly afflicted by it. (Windows 7, Firefox)

I’m so puzzled. It’s great you’re not all affected. I got an email that we’ll be movin’ on up to the deluxe server in the sky soon. I’ll be sure to let you know when it’s going to happen, but I hear it will involve about an hour of downtime.

Good morning,

The logouts are back, with some error messages. I contacted Support. If you’re seeing them, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. If not, carry on!

Carolyn

I’ve been seeing them CONSTANTLY for the past 3 days.

I sign-in…Click on page 2…It signs me out. So I sign in again…brings me back to recent-discussions…Click on page 2 and it signs me out…I give up.

At the moment I can’t tell when I will be logged in or out. It’s getting to the point that the site isn’t worth the trouble because you can’t do anything - or can’t tell when you will be able to anything. Giving up is more and more the only option.

I get the frustration, and we don’t want the problems to persist, or, worse, we lose any of you. Let me see what I can do today as a stopgap, and then, hopefully, Tuesday night will bring some improvement.

Can they bring the upgrades in today?

All I can say is that I’m trying, and I went further up the chain.

Lately the site cannot seem to decide moment-to-moment whether I’m logged in or not logged in. It’ll give me a “leave a comment” window but make me log in again to post.

what does error 503 varnish cache server mean?

“what does error 503 varnish cache server mean?”

It means the wood box the server is in needs refinishing.

maybe it needs to think out of the box

One does not refinish particle board.

cover it with a veneer of truth?

Hello again,

I wanted to check in with you guys again to tell you that I heard back from our partners at Vanilla Forums. The issue has been isolated to the cluster of servers where our forum sits, and the quickest and easiest way to make it go away is to move us. That was the plan for Tuesday’s downtime.

In the meantime, though it is far from an ideal solution, I was advised to contact support whenever it happens so they can reboot our cluster, which temporarily alleviates the issue.

Sorry I couldn’t get you movin’ on up today, but let’s see what happens after Tuesday night. Trust me, I’m trying.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends -

Carolyn

It just happened to me again. It does on pretty much every visit now.

… it takes a whole lotta tryin’…

oh gotta go,

my beans are burning

darn grill