I can't stay logged in

I can’t stay logged in. It doesn’t matter what browser I use. The problem is definitely the website.

What is going on?

I don’t have problems staying logged in on other websites.

This is the scenario . . . I log in. Then I click on community. Then I click on repair or general discussions (doesn’t matter). Then all of a sudden I’m no longer logged on.

???

I get booted out on occasion for no apparent reason (but I can think of a few!) It just happened, in fact. But that’s about it.

It’s been happening with alarming frequency during the last few weeks.

And only on this website . . .

Never happened to me, firefox, win 7, ghostery, macafee

I’ve. Had this problem for months. It’s the new normal. It’s vanilla. Get used to it. And it’s really annoying, isn’t it?

@cdaquila, we need you.

This only happens to me every once in a while. Oddly enough it happened right after I posted the above (for the second time in 10 minutes. No I’m just magically logged back in without my having logged back in.

Oh, @jtsanders, throw up the bat signal and you’ll find me. I wrote to support about this last night. Am awaiting some insight/response. @Barkydog, well played. Do you get logged out when you use the back button? I find that messes me up. But when I return to Vanilla either on my phone or on my laptop, it initially shows me as logged out, but when I click on Community, it usually loads the page showing me as logged in.

Same problem here, I’ll log in, go to a thread, post a reply, and get ‘you don’t have the right to do that’ message, have to re log in, then I can post. Has happened frequently the last 3 or so days.

I am now having exactly the problem @db4690 described. I’m surprised I got in to make this comment. I was actually at the bottom of the thread where it says Sign in or register to respond. I clicked THAT “Sign in” link and it just had me signed in and opened this box. Prior to that I had logged in 3 times through the link at the top of the page and showed up at the discussion boards as not logged in.

Same problem here for the past week or so.

I just heard back from support. Apparently a couple of misbehaving servers were restarted, and the problem should improve.

Over the last 30 minutes (Time: 10:30PM, 3/18/14) I have not had any trouble. (Knock wood).

@cdaquila thanks, I never really understood the roots of your name, care to expound? I have had no problems so far. I usually hit the home key and go to recent discussions. Not a user of the back key.

I’d respond to this post but I can’t stay logged in long enough to do so!

Just started today.

Try home key and hit recent discussions, Let us know if it works @asemaster

I thought it logged me out once but came back again when I did the back key to topic index. Main issue though is with the loading speed on comments.

@bing, let me see if i can replicate the problem, nope.

@Barkydog‌, it’s my first initial, last name. When I first created my account 6+ years ago, I didn’t really have a public role, so I kept it boring - I needed an account for support purposes. In my civilian life, people call me Carolyn.

The logout problem and the script-loading problem are reportedly connected to the misbehaving servers. If the problem continues, I’ll kick it back up the chain.

My login is more stable today, but I’m still getting the script message on page one of most threads. I don’t know but I suspect that it has something to do with one of the ads that you run to help pay the bills. You have a sponsor that is misbehaving, maybe not intentionally but one of their programmers may be a hacker type.