Logouts?

lol. I was logged out about half hour ago. everywhere. I finally clicked on sign in and…voila! I was signed in again as soon as I clicked it

@Barkydog, during the day, I use Safari on my iPhone. That’s a bit challenging at times, and it usually makes my paragraph breaks disappear. All other times, I use Firefox.

@wesw, yeah, the logouts are annoying and can pose a barrier to replying, but I can usually click on Recent Discussions as a workaround, and suddenly I’m logged in just like I always knew I was.

yeah that usually works for me too. did not earlier tho

@Barkydog‌

I don’t understand why you keep thinking the browser is the problem

I use Firefox occasionally, and it doesn’t make any difference . . . as far as this website is concerned

On a happy note, this website has been “behaving” very well today!

@db4690 I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU KEEP THINKING THE BROWSER IS NOT THE PROBLEM. ps until you patch ie SAN FRANCISCO — The U.S. Department of Homeland security is advising Americans not to use the Internet Explorer Web browser until a fix is found for a serious security flaw that came to light over the weekend. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/usanow/2014/04/28/internet-explorer-bug-homeland-security-clandestine-fox/8409857/ ps did you see the adbocker suggestion?

Whatever

When the website is acting up . . . switching browsers does NOT work for me

I’m glad that @Barkydog is happy with Firefox

But it doesn’t help me, when the website is acting up

When my logout issues occur, it’s unrelated to browser. I can’t speak for the other issues.

Ya know @db0460 if you could read and see that I have no problems, and you do you would understand and go on rather than throwing darts in the dark. I have offered a solution and you have offered ignorance of the situation, now we have had our spats and friendships before, and all I can say is you have problems with the site, and I do not, I offered a solution and you fail to listen, your fail not mine,

Question - @Barkydog, which problems are you offering a solution to?

perhaps if you offered an explanation of why your solution works, db460something, would be more inclined to listen. I, for one am not satisfied with a blanket statement without explanation or support.

for example, I asked about being hacked on facebook possibly being why I was having a problem. you replied, facebook is not the problem. fine. you may be right. I still have no idea. you never explained yourself.

you seem to be a computer expert. great. but I don t except all any expert says without evaluating the reasoning behind his assertions for myself

but that s just me.

Part of the problem here is that there are a number of quirky issues that get reported, and some of them may be browser-specific. All I commented on was widespread logouts, and that’s known to be a server issue for Vanilla. @wesw, I suspect that your dog food ad may have been prevented by adblock. Facebook isn’t a means by which you’d be hacked. Keeping your security settings up to date will help prevent your computer from being hijacked/hacked/whatever. Your other thread had some suggestions there. I’m not an expert, but I don’t generally have problems with the site, and I practice pretty good “computer hygiene,” for lack of a better term.

OK, it started with the dog commercial, you need to look through programs and uninstal any spamware, you need to look at addons, and disable any unwanted stuff, you need firefox and adblocker to stop unwanted ads, I am sure most of you do not know what is needed or not and what to uninstall or disable, windows defender offline is a good tool, as suggested cancel quick scan and run complete scan. Now if I was really benevolent I might do an inspection of your computer via remote, get rid of bloatware browser helpers, ad producing add ins, in fact depending on requests and your willingness to let me remote to your computer I might consider doing it just due to my altruistic nature.

I’ve been experiencing the problem also…not so much since this afternoon.

I also added a comment that somehow disappeared. Yet if you look in my comments section it’s listed there. Something obviously wrong happened.

@MikeInNH‌, I saw your comment about that. I looked in the spam filter because sometimes odd things get swept into it. It wasn’t there. I don’t know what happened.

thanks. that was helpful and I understood it. a couple facts tho. my computer has been a little slow on facebook the last couple days. seemingly beginning when I accepted a friend request. I have Norton security. I have some type of ad blocker. my security settings are on high. my computer is bare bones and I have installed very little on it. I have uninstalled almost all programs, game systems etc., that I ll never use.

ive never had any problems with pop up ads. this ad took over whole screen. I ve never had anything like that happen on this site. I thought I may have clicked something else on here inadvertently, i don t know if there is a dogfood sponsor here. any way, i ran Norton power eraser program right after i posted thread. it reported no issues,but my facebook works faster now and my mouse didn t freeze there again yet. so maybe its better. thanks for the in depth reply

I don’t know what happened to the comment either. But what is weird is that it is listed on my comments page. So the db table that is used on my comment page shows the comment I added…but the discussion the comment was posted doesn’t show it.

@MikeInNH‌, could you remind me what thread it was again? I can’t remember off the top of my head.

EVERYBODY . . . with one exception, apparently . . . acknowledges that the website problems are unrelated to the browser

I’m stating a fact, not picking a fight

'nuff said

@cdaquila - It was the U-Haul thread.

I can’t believe it. A whole session without auto log out.