Keeping the front seats clean

yeah I see your point. I like nice leather seats.

ford used to make a clear plastic cover for their bench seats in pickups. I liked those.

There are also some very nice genuine leather seat covers.
Not to be redundant, but the important thing is that they be designed/selected to not interfere with side airbags.

do your seats have air bags in the side of the back???

Back in the good old days, my dad installed fiber seat covers on his cars. My mother thought the fiber seat covers were more comfortable than the plastic seat covers as these seat covers seemed warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. The loosely woven fiber permitted some air circulation. This is in the days before air conditioning, so anything that made the seats seem less warm in the summertime were great.
I haven’t seen fiber seat covers for years. These covers wore out in a year or two, but cost less than other types of seat covers.

No @asemaster‌
I do believe a car tells a lot about the owner. I am one who cleans and wax the car regularly and do all necessary repair and maintenance as well. If I look to buy an used car and the seats are rotted away I can make a pretty good assumption about the rest of the car inside, outside and mechanically as well.
I am keeping my cars for a long time, but sometimes I just have to sell them for other reason.
What would you rather pay for, a well maintained car, or a used, neglected automobile?