Issues with my 2019 Jeep Cherokee

The past 3 weeks I have had an issue causing me to take my car into dealership. week one car wouldn’t start under factory warranty dealership replaced battery. Week 2 check engine light came on dealership stated there was a recall for a software update. Week 3 which is today driving my kids to school who were in the backseat and I am 6 1/2 months pregnant all lights flashed on dash board steering locked up and lost all power car completely shutoff car battery light stayed on. Dash of car said to to push start to turn car on and I did car started back up I pulled over off of the main road called dealership and they stated nothing they could really do if no recall. So had this been closer to 8am lunch time or the afternoon I would have literally got smashed from behind super dangerous. I guess it is going to take someone seriously inured before they will do something.

Dd the computer get updated?

The key takeaways from your post are that the vehicle is still covered by the factory warranty, and that the dealership is either unable or unwilling to properly diagnose the problem.

If you open your Owner’s Manual, you should find contact info for Fiat-Chrysler, the manufacturer.
You need to register a complaint–via phone, followed up with a certified letter–with the manufacturer.

If you attempt to have this repaired on your own, you risk voiding the manufacturer’s warranty, so I urge you to throw this into Fiat-Chrysler’s lap, and let the manufacturer resolve it.

4 Likes

‘all lights flashed on dash board steering locked up and lost all power car completely shutoff car battery light stayed on’

This means your engine stalled. Be firm but polite and have your dealer look at the car again, their statement about only being able to do something without a recall is bogus!

As @VDCdriver says if the dealer is not helping you, start moving up the ladder. Your manual will have the information needed to escalate this.

1 Like

Agree with all the other posts.

You might also seek out another Jeep/Chrysler dealer and get their take. Either way, document everything. You’ll need it if/when you have to get Chrysler corporate involved.