2019 Jeep Cherokee - Shuts off

My Jeep has been shutting off for no reason when I come to a Stop Sign or pull out of my Driveway it has happened about 20 times 2 to 4 times every time I’ve taken it out in the last 2 weeks, I’ve been driving my work truck because I don’t trust the Jeep, I’m selling the Jeep back to the Dealer at a Loss, let them fix it.

Too bad you didn’t save the paper work, you might have gotten more under your state lemon law.

1 Like

Software Glitches

In 2018, Fiat Chrysler (parent company of Jeep) issued a recall notice affecting more than 86,000 Jeep Cherokees.

The notice advised owners of model year 2019 Cherokees with 2.4-liter engines that a software problem could cause their vehicles to stall when decelerating to a stop.

Owners were advised to take their vehicles to Jeep dealers for re-programming their PCMs with updated software.

Jeep Recall Check via the Official Mopar Site

2 Likes

Not as simple as saving paper. There needs to be several repair attempts followed by arbitration. Some states allow lemon law during the first year or 12,000 miles, some for 24 months, others during the warranty period. A vehicle 2 1/2 years old may be out of warranty by mileage.

What kind of paperwork is need that can’t be reprinted by your service writer?

check the oil? some 2.4L jeep engines start burning oil to the point where they stall

The paperwork would show the repair attempts.
I did say might have.
Another option the OP had was to elevate the problem up the corporate chain.

Are you sure you aren’t complaining about a FEATURE called start-stop that turns the engine off when the car is stopped at a traffic light or other?

1 Like

Rather than selling the Jeep back to the dealer at a loss… it would make far more sense to at least try the PCM flash mentioned above. Even if you have to pay for it, it’d still be cheaper than getting rid of the Jeep.

You’re only causing yourself financial pain, sir. The dealer couldn’t care less. Good luck.

1 Like