Is it my Subaru? I can't get a date

In the movie “9 to 5”, Dolly Parton drove a compact pick-up truck. I read somewhere that in real life, Dolly Parton drives, or at least used to drive, a Ford Pick-up truck. Maybe to pick up dates, you need a pick-up truck.

Well if you want to meet men while you are driving I would suggest looking in the cross walk. After you take them down you can chat them up while waiting for the ambulance. I would not really worry about the alternative nature of the Forrester however it is a bland car, bland color and dissappears with all the other look alikes.

I own a 2005 white Subaru and don’t have any problems with a woman not liking it. I am 67 and the woman I date (50-65) seem to appreciate the vehicle and its uses.

Look for a car that will start a conversation at your destination (nice car… what type of engine in it… I alwayays wanted to buy this car…) from there you are on your own. Look for sporty car or truck something guys wish to drive. Mini cooper will do the job, bright color is a must.

Get a roof top bike rack.
Get a road bike.
Join the bike club.
I drive a Jeep Wrangler with a hitch rack, ride a road bike and am a bike club member.
I’m an attractive 50 year old woman who cycles and does daily Pilates. I look pretty good for an old broad.
But I haven’t had a date in four years.
This year I joined the ski club.

It’s not the Subaru, it’s the men.

You’re supposed to meet people outside the car, not while driving. If you want to meet male motorists, wear something that’s appealing to the guys. Sweatshirts don’t count. Use your imagination.

You might try putting some artificial wood on the sides of your Subaru. My family’s old Ford wagon attracts lots of friendly people wanting to reminisce about the wagons of their childhoods. Here is a photo of our wagon from a vacation last summer: http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/images/73108TomArticle2.jpg

Nice Old Car, But She’s Trying To Get A Date, Not Find A StepFather.

Lose the Subaru and get a 1970 Hemi-Cuda…I guarantee you’ll have more brainless louts than you can count milling about your car. And probably more interested in it than you! (Not ME though. Any girl who would have a '70 Hemi-Cuda, I would be very interested in!.. wink wink)

We Haven’t Heard From Tyger Since March 7. She Must Be On A Date Or A Cruise . . .

. . . Thanks to all the wonderful advice given. You guys are very helpful! Ha, Ha.

A cruise? You incurable romantic!

Subarus are excellent cars.
They do tend to give an earth-friendly park-seeking vibe, which is fine if you’re into the outdoors. There was an ad campaign on the west coast in the late 90’s (i believe) that tried to introduce Subarus as an unique car for a unique population and the ad did have some mild gay undertones. Everybody I know who drives a Subaru is young, trendy, single, wants secure winter driving, and can appreciate a spirited driving session every once in a while.

Personally, after driving a Subaru, I love the AWD, and the engine’s provide plenty of torque. I love 'em. Foresters have great ground clearance. There have been times in deep snow I would have traded anything for a Subaru.

That said… unless you have a WRX turbo that grunts like a wild beast, you probably won’t get men looking your way on the road.

I question whether or not you REALLY want men to glance your way while driving rather than paying attention at the road!

You can always meet cops if you speed!

Your wives and/or girlfriends would get a big kick out of you all giving dating advise.

Well, you know what they say about free advice…

It’s worth every penny.

Really? How about a bisexual driving a near dead Dodge Intrepid? Cause that’s what I am- bisexual, not nearly dead.
This womans question kinda irks me. She is feeding into the stereotype of woman being morons when it comes to mechanics, grr.
Ya, I know very little concerning vehicles, but I come here with questions cause I value the response I get because, if anything, I learn something new I hadn’t known before.
(Sign) my friend does this all the time when her car is on the fritz, says ,“I’ll just have my dad look at it.” She could care less about learning what the issue is, diagnostics, components of the engine, whatever, etc. I WISH I had a dad who was a mechanic, I’d be picking his brain so much with car questions, he’d end up moving to an unlisted enclosure just to get away from my curious (my boyfriend says annoying) mind, NARF!

How about paying attention to the road when you are driving instead of paying attention to how many guys are salivatating over your vehicle?

That’s Why Tyger Hasn’t Been Heard From Since March 7.

She probably rightfully figures that if she follows any of the advice given here, she will attract guys like the ones who answered her post.

She’s probably long gone, but maybe she’s silently reading the advice and trying to do the exact opposite.

Too bad, too. I thought of what the real problem is. I reread the post and it’s so obvious that I’m surprised nobody picked up on the clue. She said she has no bumper stickers! That’s got to be it! She has NO bumper stickers!

Either that or she is reconsidering her comment, " . . . Subarus are the choice car of gay women, which is perfectly fine though I’m not gay . . . "

I might not know much about cars, but when it comes to free advice, I’m full of it.

as my Grandmother used to say - “yellow, yellow - catch a fellow”

Excuse Me But, She’s Trying To Attract A Date, Not A Stalker.

I have neither a wife nor a girlfriend. BECAUSE I’M A HETERO FEMALE.
Don’t make assumptions.