Impossible to edit existing posts

cdaquila, I don’t understand your request but it sounds like something that I can’t do.

Now I’m getting the same reaction as Ken described. After selecting edit, I click on save and this appears:

Failed to find discussion for commenting.

If I cancel, I see the post as it was originally in the thread. If I attempt to edit again, I see the corrected text. Selecting Save again results in the same red error bar & text. If I get out (of the thread) and then go back in (typical software recovery method;) then the corrected post is displayed in the thread.

I have discovered today that I can now leave lengthy posts and I that Safari now works for me on this site, yeah! FireFox does not support my operating system anymore so i have to use a version called TenFourFox which does not support edit, but safari does support edit and it works for me. Safari V 5.0.6, Mac OS X 10.5.8

The edit button is hidden, like the agree / disagree buttons…Move your mouse to the top-right corner and a star appears…Click that and you get options. The only option I get is “edit”…

Okay. I have received a response from Vanilla, after the reports of difficulty editing posts. Can you please try clearing your browser cache? It may be an issue of old java scripts conflicting with new ones.

@TwinTurbo, interesting. Does this continue to happen?