I saw a Nash Metropolitan on the road recently

I say this with rueful laughter, but whyyyyy did you link this now?

Please don’t go on with the discussion.

I agree, but isn’t it useful to end with something that is science-based?
:wink:
You can consider this to be my last post in this oft-diverted thread.

Only if you consider that conversation to have actually occurred, which after the deletions … it doesn’t really fit. :wink:

You are correct, so if you want to delete my last comment, that might be appropriate.
Otherwise, it might not make much sense, despite its reality.

Can I talk about Nashs and Studebakers on early years of Superman TV show?

@Purebred . Lois Lane of the Daily Planet drove a 1952 Nash Rambler. Superman, as Clark Kent drove a 1951 Chrysler. The Nash Metropolitan didn’t come along until 1954. The Superman TV show had been on the air for at least two years at that time.

Meanwhile, Wonder Woman has an invisible private jet, and Batman has a… Whatever this thing is.

So I have to say I’m disappointed in the Kal-El crew’s taste in vehicles.

Ah well. At least they’re not Aquaman. I think his car is a fish. :wink:

More of importantly, are you feeling better?

4 Likes

Clark Kent had a Nash Healey, Very early episodes had the Metropolis Police using Nash ‘fast backs’ as patrol cars. Jimmie had a crash in a late forties Studebaker. Superman stopped and questioned the driver of a 53/54 Studebaker hardtop

.image

1 Like

Those were really nice cars!

I am, thanks for asking! Back enough to be a pain in the neck again.

5 Likes

While we’re spending time in the 50’s, does anyone remember a TV show where the main character drove around in a 1955 or 1956 Chrysler New Yorker station wagon?

Sky King. Saturday morning at 10:00. Flew his plane mostly to save the day. Owned a ranch and his niece ? too (Penny or something?)

1 Like

Yep, Penny was his niece.

@RandomTroll You broke my heart. Can’t keep up with who has died. Wrote a book on teen age manners? "Penny’s Guide to Teenage Charm and Personality.” Boy times have changed. I agree with the part about being direct when breaking up.

Sky King came up in a thread here some years ago; somebody noticed that his car would change from a Chrysler to a DeSoto in the same episode. Someone added irony quotes and :wink: to ‘niece’.

I had a big time crush on her at the time. Annette Funicello, too.

1 Like