I can't stay logged in

Things are better loading wise under Foxpro, but I keep getting the “script is running” message. Have no idea what that is.

@cdaquila, I remember you said to call you by name when we needed help. Thanks for responding. I am using a desktop tonight and have no problems. I’ll try the iPad later and see if the trouble starts up again. BTW, I bought a huge spotlight just so I could shine it through the bat-gel on the clouds to summon you. Best investment I ever made.

@jtsanders‌, I sit on the roof at night waiting for the signal to appear in the clouds. Glad it isn’t a xenon spotlight. (That hurts my eyes!) But really, because I do this on such a part time basis, it really helps me direct my attention when you use the at-signal. How else do I know to fight off Amsoil pushers, script errors, and errant toolbars?

@cdaquila, I was experiencing the same issue on my iPad but it seems to have been fixed. Thanks.

@jesmed, thanks for the update.

@cdaquila‌

I can’t stay logged on today

It’s the exact same problem again

It’s not my laptop or internet explorer, firefox, google, etc.

It’s on your end, so to speak

Please have somebody either kick that server or reset it, please

I really like this website, but it can be extremely frustrating, when you have to keep logging in every few minutes

@cdaquila‌

I’m also getting a “502 Bad Gateway” message

Hopefully this helps in some small way

I’m getting booted constantly and also getting that “502 Bad Gateway” message.

The website doesn’t seem to know at any given moment whether I’m logged in or not! Sometimes it’ll say “log in/sign in” up top but let me post anyway, sometimes it’ll give me a “log out” up top and not let me post, and sometimes it’ll not give me a text window to write in by have a “log out” indication up top. I think the “ware” has gone “soft”. {:slight_smile:

Hear ya, been livin with windows so long sop.

Not true, Barky. This is the only site I have these problems with. None other.
I’m not a software guy, but I remember when the site went to this software, and it was years ago. I feel safe in suggesting that perhaps the software has lived on for a year longer than it should have. No disrespect to the web folks, they’re truly great, but we all get old.

AHA! I just posted with an “Error 503 Service Unavailable” box that opened up when I hit the “post comment” button! That can’t be normal!

I understand what you are saying, http://community.cartalk.com/profile/291403/the%20same%20mountainbike , but I have seen a lot of things come and go, I miss mythbusters website, yahoo backgammon, the old searches that brought up individual websites with great info, but now spambot driven, loss of a few chat rooms, and I honestly think this site will be going the way of the dinosaurs soon.

I was more thinking perhaps new software… {:slight_smile:

Uh oh. I too was getting bad gateway messages. Sorry for the trouble, guys. I’ll see what the support people say. This is the first I have been in today. Apologies for my tardiness.

Per the Dilbert comic strip, maybe an 800 dollar mousepad upgrade would help… :slight_smile:

Posts are showing up all out of order too. I had already read Barkey’s :“I understand” post when I wrote my “AHA!” post, yet the order was reversed in the thread.

I tried to agree with the same and got the 503 too. I think I got kicked out once too. Maybe it was just the eclipse.

I stayed up late to watch the “blood moon” . . . or whatever they call it

It was quite spectacular

I heard back from support this morning. Apparently the bad gateway message, etc, is an issue that’s been affecting other sites as well, and they’re actively looking into it. As always, let me know how things work for you.