Honda CRV Electronic Door Opener

The automatic door opener on my 2003 Honda CRV today stopped working. When the “open” button is pressed, there are clicking sounds like the doors are trying to open, but they don’t. The device still locks the doors and still makes the locked car beep. I changed the battery, but to no avail. Please help, someone!

I reckon you’re talking about a remote keyfob.

Now that you’ve replaced the battery, you’re going to have to reprogram the remote. Your owners manual or dealer can/will tell you how.

Meantime, there is a possibility the door lock actuator is faulty or perhaps just the electrical connections to it.

Reprogramming is not the answer if the lock function still works. Do the doors unlock from the electric switch inside the car?

ambrosia,
After you replaced the remote’s battery, did it work at all?

I replaced the battery and was disappointed when the fob still did not open the doors. However, after about 48 hours, it once again functioned just fine. Perhaps it reprogrammed itself.

Thanks so much for you response.

I replaced the battery and was disappointed when the fob still did not open the doors. However, after about 48 hours, it once again functioned just fine. Perhaps it reprogrammed itself.

Thanks so much for you response.