Best of Deals Car Reviews Repair Shops Cars A-Z Radio Show

Heavy duty hose clamp pliers

Anyone have a suggestion for a good heavy duty hose clamp pliers and where to get them?

Joseph, see if you can post a picture of the type of clamp you are working with. I have special tools for the old Chrysler clamps and the newer GM clamps.

Here’s the set I use, Joe. But if you don’t want to spend this much, look on this site for the plier that might work.

I don’t know why you are asking but have been satisfied clipping the old hose clamp and using a screw type replacement. I am not saying it is a bad idea but curious as to your reasons.

I usually use slip-jaw pliers, like this.

Once off, I replace with good, old-fashioned screw clamps.

Once off! That’s funny!