Good struts for 2014 Ford fusion

Breaker bar to the rescue. Didn’t realize we had one in our tool chest (father in laws stuff)

Took it for the spin. Squeak seemed less there but still think bushings will fix it. But the ride was nice!!!

Do I need to grease the stabilizer bars? They came with the *grease fitting not attached so I attached them. But I’d assume they already have some grease in there??

Zerk fitting.

Yes.

You have to lube the links because it can’t be done without the zerks installed

Tester

1 Like

Perfect. Grease and grease gun ordered. They arrive tomorrow

By the time you’re done you will understand that front end well, and your car will be much better on the road. And if it makes noises you’ll know what to suspect. That’s how I learned, and I think that’s how most of us here learned.

1 Like

Bushings have shipped!

Someone mentioned I’ll need all 4 wheels alignment instead of just the front. If that’s the case is it worth while to just replace the rear shock absorbers. They are ~35ish a piece for the KYB ones.

With all the work you’re doing I’d replace them too.

And all on a six year old car?

Tester

Based on that response I’ll go with you think not too. It’s got 106k miles on it. (If that changes anything from the 6yr comment)

I’ll be honest, I knew nearly zero about cars prior to Covid 19 craziness. That’s why I’m inquiring for perspectives on the back now. I did the front cause the noise.

if it is shock absorbers (not struts) in the back, the replacement will be super-easy, so for $70 extra I would go for it

it is unlikely absorbers would change alignment although

1 Like

op already did front struts, which means he should get a steering alignment . . . may as well make it a 4-wheel alignment

1 Like

that logic worked for me multiple times: why to waste $100 alignment twice if you can do everything in one go and be done with it for years?

another incentive for me was that buying 4 struts I would usually get a rebate from KYB, they run it few times a year, something like $25 for two, $50 for all four

I wish I owned a parts store that was within walking distance of your house!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I’m sure several people do

Bushings arrived. Took me 3 hours to install. Getting the bolts to line up- ended up being a pain plus one kept miss threading. Thought I’d have to get a new bracket but we made it work.

Early signs the sound is gone. Going to give it a drive a few days and we will see.

Thank you everyone for the help. You guys were awesome. Couldn’t have got thru it without you guys. Now I can hope to repay it to the next guy/gal!

I have 2 identical cars. One is silent. No suspension noises at all.
I drive noisy one.
Wifey does not work. Her car sits 99% of time.
Maybe I should drive her car?

1 Like

I installed 4 kyb complete strut assemblies . . . strut, coil spring and mount, all pre-assembled . . . a few years ago and completed the paperwork. I believe I was sent a prepaid $100 card

That depends on what you want, silence in the car or peace at home. Me, I turn up the stereo or simply turn off my hearing aids if my car is squeaky.

Or just address the cause of the squeaks.

1 Like