Good struts for 2014 Ford fusion

Turning the wheel/strut does move the sway bar up/down slightly. 1/8”? Maybe just enough to squeak? Try some lube in bushings. It always works for 1 day. Then squeak returns

I’ll try that. A mechanic friend said disconnect the tire rod and rotate the strut to see if it seems squeaks.

I added silicone spray on the bushings but the sound remained. And I’m having a tough time finding replacement bushings locally. Guess I need to order ford OEM ones?

Other random question… if it is the struts and I do replace the front end ones. Are they side specific. I’m thinking the Monroe ones from rock auto but there is only one listed and it doesn’t say right or left (driver or passenger)

Just throw some new Moog sway bar bushings on there and get it over with . . .

Very good chance you’ll report back here saying the noise is gone

1 Like

Then that means they are not side-specific. Right and left are identical.

Thanks! It was weird some of the competing companies were side specific and the OEM ones were to. But then others weren’t.

Yeah I’m trying to! … but can’t find them anywhere. I am going to try again on locating them tonight. Definitely starting there (Thanks to everyone on the board!) but if it doesn’t fix it I wanted to be ready for the strut piece

I think you are going down a rabbit hole. Chasing a squeak. Usually you do control arms for clunks. I am doing the same on my car. New control arm and new strut assy and sway bar links and noise remains. And it’s not minor. Its like rolling a bowling ball down a hill in a trash can.

Yeah I probably em. But it seems to be a known issues with fusions. And it’s not a minor squeak. It’s embarrassing loud.

The other forum had originally pointed to balk joint but with the design of the control arm everyone said replace the entire thing

Replacing an otherwise perfectly good pair of struts because of some noise is, in my opinion, a horrific waste of time and money.

1 Like

I can appreciate that view point but when my car is creaking extremely loud over bumps, turns, going into my driveway it takes away from the enjoyment of driving the vehicle. A 2014 car shouldn’t sound like a broken down 1950 truck…

“horrific waste of money” - wow!

If I knew the struts were the source of the noise, they’d be out of there ASAP!

1 Like

I don’t think the issue is with the suspension,I think your radio isn’t loud enough! :grinning:

2 Likes

Bushings have been ordered. No one had them. So stay tuned!!

I know I will be shunned for this but with the car opened up and for a few hundred bucks more I ordered the struts and stabilizer links…

Rather than jacking up the car every week I’m just swapping it out. I’m certain some of it wouldn’t have needed to be replaced but… 106k on it, at some point they probably would have.

Alright let’s hear it, how I’m dumb for doing that :joy::joy: I have thick skin

1 Like

If you do the struts, you’ll need a 4-wheel steering alignment

And when you mean struts, you mean a complete assembly, strut, coil, mount, all pre-assembled . . . ?!

That’s the way to go, in my opinion

Don’t be shocked if your ride height is slightly different afterwards . . . this occasionally happens, depending on the brand of parts you ordered

1 Like

Yeah I did the full assembly. The Monroe quick strut ones (‘not the economy ones)

2 Likes

You might regret it while you’re doing the job, (usually when you finally finish the first one and are about to start the second) but once it’s done you will be happy about it. While at the mileage you mention it’s possible the old ones are “alright”, the new ones will feel much better, and the job will be done. Maintenance is never a mistake.

2 Likes

New struts in. 1 of 2 stabilizer links in. I can’t for the life of me get this other one out. I’m using an air wrench but the angle and stuff is impossible. I tried using a flex link connector (or whatever they are called) but no success

Still makes the noise so I think you guys are right on the bushings. Those won’t show up for another week so we will all wait to find out!

looking good so far

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I don’t see any reason why you can’t remove the sway bar link in that picture . . .

1 Like

Hahaha I know that’s how I feel too!!!

I can’t get the gun in there. And then when I use the extension and bend thingy (I don’t know the technical term). The extension that allows me to go 90 degrees and I’m cracking on it. But it won’t budge. I have 3-1 on it too. It might just stay :joy::joy::joy:

Forget the air tools, in that case

Use a box end wrench and an allen socket . . . or an allen key, if you don’t have an allen socket