2011 Ford Fusion front end creak

ford
fusion

What is causing the front end to creak when the weather is hot on my 2011 Ford Fusion. There is a lot of info on the internet and seems like everyone has a suggestion but no clear fix. My local garage replaced the upper control arms and ball joints, but to no avail… still creaking and drives me crazy.

Could be something as simple as sway bar links and/or bushings

Try to spray all the rubber-to-metal joints with a silicone spray.

Excellent idea, I think I will spray the sway bar bushings with silicon oil next time it happens and see if it has any effect. It does have a rubber to metal sound to it so this could be the answer.

Thank you Monkarl, excellent idea, I think I will spray the sway bar bushings with silicon oil next time it happens and see if it has any effect. It does have a rubber to metal sound to it so this could be the answer.

I had that from my right front (2011 MKZ, Fusion under the skin). Turned out is was the lower control arms. I had an independent shop fix it. I told them to go ahead and do both sides (typically front end components wear on both sides, if one side is shot, replace both). Big mistake - the left side with the NEW components then started to creak. The shop fixed it, no charge, of course, but I’d have been time ahead just doing the one side.