Good news for NASCAR fans!

Quoting @Insightful

“Good point. It appears that “alien” vehicles were targeted.”

That's true. If and when they catch the bad guy, someone from many miles away is not likely to go to the trouble to go back to testify against them. It's not just in auto theft cases.

Still if you are hauling something valuable, you have to be a little concerned when people will track you from Miami to North Carolina or from Chicago to Minnesota, just waiting for the opportunity.

On the other hand, I thought the SOP for Brinks drivers was never to open the door and stay inside the truck. Why would they get out and get out unarmed? The breakdown had to be planned but still why would they open the door of the truck? The windows are bullet proof and wouldn’t someone driving by make a note of a white van unloading stuff from a Brinks truck? Lots o’ questions.

I think that gold robbery is an inside job all the way. There’s too many coincidences there.
Wonder why they just didn’t ship that gold by air? A lot safer and done deal in a few hours.

My wife used to work the office in a large department store in OK City when we lived there. There were 2 regulars on the Brinks truck who used to come around and pick up the cash from her. One day the truck didn’t show up when it should have after leaving the store.

The truck was found the next day near a lake about 5 miles away; looted and with the body of one of the guards on the ground next to it.
Investigation finally determined that both guards were in on the heist and one double-crossed the other.
I have no idea how either one of them figured they were going to get away with the crime.

I wonder what they pay the drivers?

I worked with an engineer whose son worked for one of these outfits. He never gave me a dollar figure, but he said it was far less than it should have been, especially since his kid had to pack a weapon, and was exposed to stuff like this.

Some years ago, there was an armored car heist at a local Target store here. At least one of the armored car guards was shot dead, and the perpetrators were never found.

@Bing, Not enough to get shot.

It has always amused me how large groups of bad guys on TV will go to war with the good guys. I’m sorry, I know it’s TV, but do you know anyone who would be willing to shoot at cops and/or risk getting shot dead for a paycheck?

I suppose its necessary but those trucks are pretty hard to miss. Kinda like sitting ducks but then they usually don’t carry four million. I used to kind of laugh when file cabinets were locked and labeled “confidential”. Nothing like advertising where all the stuff is to save people time going after it. Then again, maybe they’ve got a whole fleet of generic trucks that really carry the good stuff. That would be smart, but it would have to be a company secret.

I put quite a few miles every day on I94 between my house and Wisconsin. Every once in a while, I’ll see a semi truck without a single marking on it, nothing, save for a DOT number. I always wonder, “What’s in there?”

Miserable Camp McCoy is on that route but then so’s a lot of other stuff from Chicago west.