Gas prices... currently, from all y'all?

Are you counting down your retirement? Up north I play golf with a guy who is also retiring next year and is quite looking forward to it. When I see him I inquire about how long he has to go… He can look at his cell phone screen and tell me exactly how many days, minutes, and seconds until his retirement day. There must be an “app” for that. :laughing:

I’ll tell you Mike, I’m south and I’m enjoying every day, minute, and second of retirement. People live longer in the south and there are several reasons for it!
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

I am “down south” and you are in for sticker shock if you want a nice house in a good neighborhood. Our real estate people are waiting with open arms for Yankees with equity money. Desirable real estate prices have doubled and tripled in just the last few years. It’s put me out of the flipping business.

I have relatives who live in the South and home prices there are about 1/2 of what homes go for here. Home prices have risen all over the US.

Wishful thinking. I can look at real estate prices on line anywhere. How can you hide the local price from invaders that know how to get the data they need without going through the Yankee filter?

“The South” is a relative term. Florida beach front property (or even Memphis decent neighborhood property) is going to be higher than the avg. But then you’ve got trailer park real estate prices to average it down. Location, location, location, as they say.

I have relatives in Orlando, Tampa and a few in Georgia (Atlanta) and Charlotte NC. All home prices here in Southern NH are more expensive then any of those places mentioned. In some places like Atlanta…a LOT MORE EXPENSIVE.

I have relatives in Florida, too… Oh, wait, I’m living in Florida right near the beach front!

I guess it depends on your definition of “beach front.” Orlando is not necessarily where I’d look for beach front ( It’s in the middle of the state ) and Tampa is not all that desirable, either. Try some real beach front property near me. Bring your wallet(s).

A few miles from here on the gulf, A small 2 bed, 1-1/2 bath, single car garage, beach front (125’) home, built in 1955 with virtually no updating is going for $3,750,000. Property tax is over $30,000/year.

I know a little about beach front. I’ve sold real estate and My home in the north is a beach front home on a large lake (Now worth a chunk of change). I’ve owned it since 1987, 33 years. Anyhow…

Back to cars and gas prices…
Bradenton, FL COSTCO Top Tier unleaded gasoline:

Price went up… regular _ $2.299 (2.30) / U.S. gallon
But, it is still 25 cents/gallon cheaper than all other brands/stations!
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

If you want to compare beach front property in MA and NH to Florida…then the price difference really goes up.

Define “a LOT MORE EXPENSIVE”.

Define “the price difference really goes up”.

Mike, please be much more specific. How about the price of a 2 bed 1 bath home (cottage) on 125’? I’d like to get an idea of what you’re talking about here. Thanks!
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

I don’t know how many be it seems a lot of northern folks buy condos and houses in FL then rent them for a week, month, and so on at a time. $3-4K a month during the Winter. "Spose the price goes down some in the Summer. I guess I’m stuck in 70’s prices though. $10 for jeans and $100K for a house. I don’t know if you can get a trailer down there for $100K now though.

It all depends on how close to the Gulf it’s located. Inland you can buy one below 100K, Gulf nearby then probably 300K on a very tiny lot. And the nearer one is to the Gulf, flood insurance becomes required, insurance is more costly (if they’ll write a policy), hurricane insurance goes up in price, taxes are crazy…
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

I see a rare vacant Gulf front lot (almost 1/4 acre) with a whopping 73’ of beach frontage on AMI for just $2,295,000 that one could slap a mobile home on… err… wait, it’s probably not allowed.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses::palm_tree:

NH Condo’s start at about $500,000. The closer to Boston the more expensive. A small 2 bedroom Condo on the water in Boston is well over $1,000,000. What are prices in FL?

We are looking at land between the lakes, TN and KY, waterfront 300k entry price, then (trying to keep it car related) we have to consider driving or flying for family stuff, and the cabins in MN.

Son was talkin’ about maybe investing after being down there last year. I dunno if he really checked the prices though. At any rate I’ll let him do the buyin’ and I’ll do the lawn maintenance. Make Disney condos look like a bargain though but ya gotta go to kissimmee for any water. :sunglasses:

Gas was $2.28 by my parents’ house this weekend in southern NH. My dad got a new Rav 4 while I was there. He was most worried about the blind spot monitor, but I made sure there were good cup holders. :wink: shall we get back to cars? Thanks.

1 Like

What was his concern ?

I actually think they work great especially for people that like to hang on the right side of your car. If you put the turn signal on while the blind spot indicator shows a car there, they ding as a warning. No help for folks that don’t use their turn signals when lane changing.

1 Like

+1
Even though I could probably drive my 2011 Outback many more years, I am going to treat myself to a new one later this year, just to avail myself of the newer safety features, such as the blind spot monitor, and cross traffic warning.

I really wish that I had cross traffic warning years ago because of what I had to deal with on an almost daily basis in the parking lot of the school where I was a faculty member. On a regular basis, I would be backing out of my assigned space, and could be half-way out of that space with my backup lights on, but many of the Mommie Dearests would zoom past the back of my car with their SUVs, thus endangering me, themselves, and the kids that they had just picked-up from athletic practice.

Those same people go through all parking lots like they are so much more important than anyone else. That is why I try to back in parking spots when ever possible .

2 Likes