Gas mileage

Has anyone heard of a pre-ignition catalytic converter? Does it work?

It is supposed to get 10X mileage improvements

Yes, everyone on this site has f***ing heard about it. Do a f***ing search of this forum and you’ll see the half dozen other f***ing threads about it. Seriously, I thought we were over all this s***. Oh well.

By the way, as you’ll see when you actually do a search, it’s a f***load of motherf***ing bulls***.

Whether or not you are a mechanic, you should know “if it’s too good to be true, it’s not” and “you don’t get something for nothing”. That alone, aside from the laws of physics, should tell you this is nothing but a scam.

10x mileage improvement is flat out impossible.

As lprocter said, there have been many other posts about this, search for them and have a read.

scam

While Lprocter and I clearly went to different english language schools, I agree with him wholeheartedly. It’s bunk of the highest order.

If it was easy and cheap to get 10x gas mileage improvement, the manufacturers would be all over it locking up the patent and technology. No need to spend hundreds of millions of $$ on hybrid development. It’s a load of bunk. If it’s too good to be true, it is. There is no magic miracle solution to fuel mileage. We are bound by the basic laws of physics. I hope this answer is a little bit more friendly in language content.