Pre-ignition catalytic converter

I saw an ad in Newsweek for a $1000.00 car conversion kit that claims to improve gas milage anywhere from 50% to 261%. Is this legitimate or a scam? If it does improve mileage, is it a cost effective way to save money on gas. Or is it another way for me to damage my car? The web site has some impressive claims. What do you think? http://www…/index.htm

Mike

the theory sounds good. A Cat. convertor runs very hot, and it would be nice to be able to use that energy to help drive the car. But I doubt the hardware they sell will do anything useful!

They also sell the infamous hydrogen convertor, which is a total scam (covered in another post).

I like the phrase “contains 6 powerful magnets to help ionize the fuel and break it down”. As if everyone knows that magnets ionize fuel! (hint, it doesn’t).

Bottom line, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

This rubbish again?! The fact that we get such frequent questions on the PICC is an indication of just how many fools there are who are willing to believe anything. Also, that is how so many scam artists get rich peddling junk. (I actually offer grudging admiration to the scoundrels clever enough to pull this off, but that’s another matter.) Anyway, Mike, put away your credit card. Leave this gadget for those who can’t spell.

Thanks. Yes, it sounded too good to be true.