Fuel pump strainer: where does it even go?

I couldn’t get a fuel pump like my old one in the store, so I’m shopping at RockAuto (much cheaper). They tell me I may need a ‘fuel pump strainer’. I don’t even see where it would go. I bought the same model in 2009; it didn’t mention it then. Mechanical, Airtex 1330

The fuel strainer in a carbureted vehicle in in the fuel tank on the end of the dip tube, this is part of the fuel level sending unit.

I’d have to drop the tank to access it?