Fuel Filter

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 v6…

can u tell me were the fuel filter is located ??

I can’t be precise but it can only be in one of two locations: either in the tank or in-line between the tank and engine.

If it is like my 1997 (and with how little updating they did, I would imagine it is), then it is along the inside of the seam where the sideframe and underbody meet (the metal portion you jack up on in the rear of the car) by the passenger side rear door. Just get down on the ground and look on the bottom of the car in that area - you can’t miss it.

Right by the gas tank, passenger side.
As the tubes bend down off the tank and begin to go forward, BAM, it’s right there.

Hi,
I am the tech manager at Fram, hope you use a Fram fuel filter. Your filter is under the car, just infront of the fuel tank on the pass side. Here are the instructions to change it.
FUEL FILTER

Removal and Installation

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
Release the fuel pressure.
Disconnect the battery ground cable.

CAUTION: Make sure the fuel tube clicks into place when installing the fuel tube and the quick release coupling locking clip locks into place. To make sure that the fuel tube is fully seated, pull on the tube.
Remove the fuel filter rear tube quick release coupling.

1 From the fuel tank side of the fuel filter, use a suitable tool and release the quick release coupling locking clip.
2 Press the fuel tube quick release coupling button.
3 Pull the fuel tube quick release coupling from the fuel filter.

Remove the fuel filter.
1 Push the release button and disconnect the fuel tube quick release coupling from the fuel filter.
2 Loosen the clamp.
3 Remove the fuel filter.

CAUTION: Make sure the fuel tube clicks into place when installing the tube. To make sure that the fuel tube is fully seated, pull on the tube.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Perhaps our “industry rep” member must explain things in a CYA mindset but don’t expect to keep your job long after the boss finds out you disconnect the battery when doing fuel filter changes. The other mechanics will make your life miserable if you try to defend doing this extra bit of work and if you happen to not take precautions to prevent the loss of settings that happen with a battery disconnect, you will be savaged by boss and customer alike.I don’t even want to think of explaining damage to the cable that happened because you had to disconnect it to do a fuel filter replacement. Don’t mess with stuff you really don’t have to.