Ethos, does it work?

I see this ad every time I check my local gas prices site. The ad claims the product Ethos, a fuel additive saves $.80 per gallon. Is this just another rip off product taking advantage of rising gas prices?

http://community.cartalk.com/jforum.page?module=search&action=search&clean=1&search_keywords=ethos&search_terms=all&search_forum=&sort_by=time&sort_dir=DESC

read through them all. then wake up.

What do you think. They are hoping you will just wish and not think.

If you believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny, then perhaps you might want to send these charlatans your money. If, on the other hand, you have a healthy skepticism regarding things that are too good to be true, then I would suggest that you save your money for gasoline, rather than spending it on scams like Ethos, “Burn Water in Your Engine”, magnets placed on the gas line, and anything else that is peddled over the internet.

If these things really resulted in a gain in gas mileage, isn’t it likely that they would be marketed in a more mainstream manner?

Also make sure you add some Logos to your engine oil and Pathos to your transmission.

These guys have no shame, they’ve even named their product after one of the three Greek pistis - Ethos being Moral Competency or meaning ‘showing moral character’.

sheeesh…

Thanks for weighing in everybody… I figured as much when I saw the ads for this bogus product…

If it was good as they say, they would not hesitate to give you samples for a free trial. Remember this for the next magic pill solution for whatever problem.

Of course it’s a scam. Add this scam to any device promoting the use of water as fuel, intake devices designed to swirl the air, cheap resistors used to fool Ma Computer, fuel line magnets, or any device marketed on any website that promises anything.

If there was one iota of truth to any of it then it would have been a done deal decades ago.
P.T. Barnum is no doubt sobbing his heart out in the afterlife and regretting being born a 150 years too soon.