Door Panel Fabric Repair '04 Odyssey

Good morning, all. My Odyssey has 170K miles and is beginning to show some wear & tear. The front passenger door has some fabric (about 8"x8" area) that has pulled away from the panel. The area is from the door handle back and up. Of course I’d like to repair this before the eventual tear happens. I’d like to repair this, if possible, with the panel on the door. I think (emphasize “think”) I can unscrew the small plastic “cup” in the door handle. My thinking is I can carefully lift the fabric and use some spray adhesive enough to press the fabric back into place. Does this sound plausible or wishful thinking? If it’s plausible, what adhesive (assuming my spray adhesive suggestion is spot-on) would you recommend? Any suggestions/cautions? If it’s not plausible, how do I remove the panel from the door and proceed from there? My thanks for your time and recommendation.

I’ve used 3M’s adhesive to stick several headliners back. It will probably work well for your application. This may be overkill but I didn’t want to do it more than once. This stuff held it in place very well:
http://www.ellsworth.com/3m-hi-strength-90-spray-adhesive/?gclid=CPzwkbT2yrgCFQ6f4AodeXoAlw

Just make sure you mask off stuff you don’t want it to go. Spray it on, let it semi dry and then press it on. Use a wall paper roller to exert even pressure. No one will ever know, if you do it right.

Yes try the 3M heavy duty spray adhesive or whatever its called. Depending on the location, etc. it might work. But the best way is to replace the fabric. Take the panel off and take it to an automotive trim shop and they will glue/staple new material. They can get matching material or you can get it most likely at Atrim.com out of Oklahoma. Trim shops have books with all of the fabric swatches used but all of the cars per year.

Thanks Bing!

Thanks RemcoW!

Fuel for thought…It’s very easy and cheap to get the leather inserts. I have never seen a leather model peeling. They screw in…maybe less than 8 screws per door. With the amount of dirt that accumulates in a minivan the leather is also easy to clean.