Disappearing Threads

Ocean City NJ has Jilly’s Arcade, which is fantastic: https://jillysocnj.com/jillys-arcade/

The Bay Breeze Cafe in Sea Isle City makes an excellent pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich. I just had one back in June :sunglasses:

1 Like

Which Joizey Shore town? I enjoyed Long Beach Island as a college kid and Cape May more recently. Don’t forget Virginia Beach, our favorite place. We like the south end, near NC.

Went to Virginia Beach in 1967, I was just shy of 17 years old, expected it to be like the Annette Funicello beach movies! Not quite.
It was nice then, I don’t know, has it become like Florida, lined with high rise condos?

In case you’re not aware of it, that pronunciation instantly marks someone as a non-NJ resident. Nobody in NJ talks that way.

Monmouth this time, but I’ve been to Ocean Grove a few times. And Long Beach Island was nice, too. I think I was down by you almost a month ago, too. Spent quite a bit of time sitting on the Beltway, but I thought the George Washington Parkway was a really pretty drive. I forget which one, but it’s quite a sight to see that Mormon Temple popping up over the trees.

Asbury Park has the pinball museum, @weekend-warrior, if that counts for games.

I know! And I’m not from NJ. I went to college a few miles west of the border in PA. Many of my college friends were from Northern NJ, near Nerk, as they called it. They were joking too. Oh, and if you want to use the local pronunciation for Maryland, use Merlin. Not so much anymore, but my wife’s grandmother and aunt said it that way.

[quote=“VDCdriver, post:24, topic:178474”]

[quote=“jtsanders, post:22, topic:178474”]
Which Joizey Shore town?

I have been to New Jersey many times and have never heard anyone say it that way I always thought that pronunciation came out of Hollywood making fun of the accent like they do with our southern accent…

I thought it was going to be about the Ford V8’s where the sparkplugs get blown out of the block.

2 Likes