CR really likes the new Maverick pickup

I hope you are right :+1:

If I understood the article I read on the Maverick, they’re not all hybrids, are they? CR said they’d “also test a hybrid, which goes on sale later”.

I do like CR for their statistical data…I have not been impressed with their reviews. Not saying CR is wrong in their review…it’s just that some of their past reviews were real bad.

I agree. I used to like CR until I was seeing them give a lot of good reviews on items, but when you looked at the customer reviews on the same items, they got really bad reviews.

It was a small company that developed the high voltage hybrid system the company is named Paice, and they won a suit against Ford too. Any auto manufacturer that builds a high voltage hybrids owes Paice a royalty.

2 Likes

I wonder what CR would have to say about the engine computer on the Maverick being located right behind the front bumper, by the wheel well:

Ecoboost Maverick’s were the first ones to dealer lots, the Hybrid was ok’d for sale. Hybrid’s standard with the Ecoboost as an option.

1 Like

CR has their viewpoint on what makes a good car, expressed in their reviews. I’m not surprised that anyone that frequents this site disagrees with their assessments. My ideals are more in line with Motorweek.

2 Likes

That’s correct; the base model with FWD only is a hybrid, while the uplevel 2.0L turbo that they tested is not.

1 Like