Change username

Can I change the username assigned to me? Or can a moderator do that for me? I’d strongly prefer a more anonymous, generic name. Thank you.

@cdaquila can you give them a hand?

Send a private message to Carolyn are esteemed Moderator @cdaquila but seriously you are anonymous now . Unless you put you email address - your home town or anything else the only people that can find you will be NSA . On your profile you can even set it the you don’t receive email notices . I have mine set that I don’t get email replies to my posts .

Hi. I sent Barbara a pm but thanks for the bat signal @VOLVO-V70 and @pyrolord314.

1 Like

I wonder if Barbara sees her email address on her profile page and thinks we can all see it which we can’t .

What a messed up system.

Why do you say the system ( what system? ) is messed up ?

Some of us aren’t as anonymous as you’d think. My user name–which is not the one I signed up with–contains part of my email address

1 Like

I’m happy to change anybody’s username who requests it. There seems to be an intermittent issue where the display name is not what people signed up with. I’ve asked before based on login process, registration method, use of social sign on, and I can’t figure it out. I am sorry for the trouble and will do what I can to help.