Car part shock

I don’t have any DVD players anymore but I have 3 or 4 receivers that I rotate into service when the mood strikes me. Most of which cost significantly more than the car window switch shown above.

New twist. got to go to the bean counters tomorrow. Service advisor was this should be covered under second market warranty. He said it was denied because it was a wrap around warranty that only covered 2 years, which was the dealer bumper to bumper warranty. Pulled out my contracts, for a $1200 written in 2 places is 60month 60k miles warranty with $100 deductible. Bought in April 2020 with 27k miles, now 38 k miles. The fun never ends. $245 switch, labor and oil change plus tire rotation is $499. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but I either want my $1200 back or $100 deductible applied to to this and future problems. Service advisor said the switch had to be reprogrammed, not even going to ask if reprogramming the original switch would have worked.

When does the clock begin and end? For that amount, the warranty might end 5 years after the original date of sale when new. This would add 2 years of warranty to a 3 year old vehicle.

Contract was April 2020. 27k miles at the time. 60 months or 60000 miles written in 2 *places in the papers. 38k now . Got 2 year bumper to bumper from the dealer, so both expired at the same time. Want my coverage or wasted $1200 back!

Insurance policies are written in legal-language. Words in the policy may have specific meanings that may not be what you think. One idea, take your warranty policies to your home/car insurance agent. Insurance language probably similar, so your home insurance agent may be able to decode what it says in actual-people-language. Usually home/car insurance agents are happy to help w/this sort of thing b/c they want to continue providing your coverage and collecting your premiums. You are part of their profit center. Give them a chance to earn it.