Can I move 2023 Lexus RX350h without starting thengine?

Jacking it up would requireffort.
Letting it drain overnight is easy.

Wasuch a pain getting under it and removing the panel that I shall never do that again.
Will wait until home after a trip andrive it up on the ramps, hot.
Displeased thathe horizontal screw-on filter cannot be filled with oil as I do with vertically-attached oil filters.
Shall fill thext filter with oil so.me oil will diffuse through the filter mediand cannot pour out.

(Did I just discover how to create color?)

Like the 30 hours!
When she was driving, I was away on long distance deliveries.
When I was home she had no calls.
Glad I changed it when I did. Thextrip was emergent 196 miles into the mountains.
After that stress, the oil stillooks good.

Frequent oil changes help

1 Like

Seems rather pointless! There are probably some oil puddles in the valve gallery and the oil pump. Also the sump may not drain fully unless it is in a fully horizontal position. Best is to drain oil when still hot before any suspended particles have a chance to settle out.

2 Likes

As pretty much all of his posts.

2 Likes

Yes.
Dripping out over night merely gets more dirty oil out and is easy.
When the front wheels are on the ramp, the RX350 oil plug opening is lowest athe back of the sump.

My complaint is that None athe dealership knows if the RX350h can be moved withouthengine starting.
I always try to emptyvhehot, but returned home thext day.

Nobody wants to discuss it. You have driven the vehicle before, don’t you know if the vehicle can be driven in your driveway in EV mode?

1 Like

Canever tell when thengine will start or not.
Backing down the short slopedriveway, little load, thengine started.
Other times, with as little throttle as possible moving the SUV from the street up the driveway into the garage, only thelectric motor operated.

Withengine cold 24 hours I did not wanthe pooled oil in the sump to be pumped up into thengine.

Did you push the EV mode button?

Your method probably results in more oil and more contaminants left in the engine than if you had run it for 5 minutes, put it up the ramps, and let it drain for 30 minutes.

1 Like

EV button? I ain’t seeno stinkin’ EV button.
Thank you.
Wilhave to find the owner’s manual.

Was expecting to drive the SUV somewhere and then put up on ramps, hot.
But it never happened.

IMG_1202
Who did you talk to the receptionist? Any one in the shop could have told you how.

Which is what you should have done in the first place. What do you mean find? You don’t have one?

2 Likes

Apparently not.
If he puts his hybrid into EV mode, it can be driven–at low speed, and for a short distance–without the gas engine starting.

Lexusays there is no way to preventhengine from starting.
I tried gently moving the RX350h up the slight slope into the garage on motor-power only and thengine started.

For yesterday’s Oh-dark-thirty emergency transport, -11º F. , I wanted the very cold engine to immediately start.
The vehicle backed out and traveled a quarter block on motor.

Anyone know if there is a way to install an engine block heater in the RX350h?
Perhaps I should gethelectric skillet out and start using it again. -10º F now.

Heated garage.

That is very surprising… if it is true.
When my NX 450h+ was at the dealership for its 10k service, my loaner car was an NX 350-H hybrid.

Because that “regular” hybrid was somewhat different from my plug-in hybrid, I experimented a bit with it. By placing it in EV mode, I found that I was able to drive–on battery–until I reached ~20 mph, at which time the gas engine engaged automatically.

I find it hard to believe that the function of Lexus’ RX hybrid is that different from that of their NX hybrid.

1 Like

Too expensive to heathe garage.
Buthelectric skillet seto 350F on the floor worked well!
Placed a bed sheet over the hoodrapedown over the fronto keep heat in.

Buthe RX350 now has a cover beneathengine. A panel must be removed to access the oil plug and screw-on filter.

Thank you.
Shall try that.

So… please allow me to understand your “reasoning”…
Even though your vehicle has an EV mode, you choose to NOT engage it, and then you were surprised that the gas engine started?
Really?

1 Like

What “reasoning”?
Used. Have not seen the owner’s manual.
Not aware of an EV mode.
Three Lexæ dealersay it is not controllable.

It was -11f outside. What was temp of garage?
You did change oil in garage?