Brake Pad Cost

I have a 2005 Toyota Avalon with 26,649 miles, I was told I need front brake pads, what is a reasonable price to pay?

It depends on which pads you choose. I usually spend about $20 for a pair of pads, but that doesn’t include the cost of labor for installation. If you have them professionally installed, expect to pay between $100 and $150 per axle.

Reasonable cost depends on local labor rate. Decent quality parts with legit mechanic markup is likely $150-$200/installed.

I ran a quick price check for pads, and if you require ceramic as OEM (it appears you do), then name brand aftermarket (Wagner) pads run about $65. There are few cheaper choices, so your repair may run closer to the $200 per axle with labor.

Unless you do a lot of stop and go, I would also expect the OEM pads to last longer than 27K. I realize driving habits are key here, but I would want to make sure the calipers, etc, are checked out for proper operation, and did not cause the pads to wear prematurely.

I ran a quick price check for pads, and if you require ceramic as OEM (it appears you do), then name brand aftermarket (Wagner) pads run about $65. There are few cheaper choices, so your repair may run closer to the $200 per axle with labor.

Wagner are EXCELLENT pads. I’ve been using them for years.

I just posted elsewhere on this site, but you may want to check out repairpal.com - information about price for zip code specific repairs in many categories for specific models and years. Allowed me to recommend pad and rotor replacement when my daughter called from a repair shop asking, “Is this a good price”.

It depends whee you live. If the cost of living is high where you live, expect to pay more than the $200 suggested elsewhere. Try repairpal, recommended above, and let us know how it works.