My wife has a 09 Patriot, 2.4L 4x4.
One day, the car would not start.
- I tried jumping it to no avail.
- Replaced the starter, did not fix the problem.
- Tested battery, low cca, still under warranty, replaced for free. Did not fix problem.
- Used a TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) from a friend that had some issues, but the car was able to start a few times! Dead in the water after driving to the store. Miraculously turned on again a few minutes later.
- Replaced TIPM. No dice.
- Discovered the car will fire up 100% of the time if I do a hard reset by undoing both battery terminals and touching them to each other. After driving around and shutting it down however, it will not start up again without a hard reset.
What is going on!?