Fiat punto puky start

fiat

98 fiat punto last serviced and repaires sept 08. has not been operated since. just started .code, injection, battery, fuel, and warning light appear. code and feul lights disappear after a few seconds. the rest remain. engine tries to start, but doesn’t crank. fuses and battery are ok. unable to locate spark plugs (just plain dimb - afterall, i bought a used punto…).

what is the most likely cause of the problem? the sensor? the fuel pump? (no petrol smell)and can it easily be fixed?

peg

What do you mean it “tries to start but doesn’t crank”? With the information you have supplied I can tell you that the problem is related to either a fuel, spark or air problem. “The sensor” may also be a problem. It might be easily fixed, but it might difficult. I recommend you take it to a repair shop experienced with Fiats so they can narrow it down even more than I have.

thanks for replying. when ithe key is turned, there is the click, then a rev, then dies. it does not continue crank or rev. it sound like it isn’t sparking, but haven’t checkd the plugs as i haven’t been able to locate them. i don’t have a tech manual, just owner’s. i tried to lacte schematics online without success. haven’t had problems prior to this, battery has been charged.

thanks for replying. when ithe key is turned, there is the click, then a rev, then dies. it does not continue crank or rev. it sound like it isn’t sparking, but haven’t checkd the plugs as i haven’t been able to locate them. i don’t have a tech manual, just owner’s. i tried to lacte schematics online without success. haven’t had problems prior to this, battery has been charged