ALL the Lites On Dashboard Honda 2018 Accord Sedan

Pat, as far as experienced mechanics at the dealership, I suspect many took early retirement during the pandemic.
The dealership I use (not a Honda) has lost shop personal. Pre-pandemic I could show up any morning, Monday-Saturday, and get my vehicle in. Now, even for an oil change, there is a seven or more days wait for an appointment and service dept. is no longer open on Saturdays.

2 Likes

Hi Eddo,
In answer to your question, it took 3 Hours to do the Diagnostic Computers. And another 3 Hours to replace the four Fuel Injectors.

Thanks for your detailed comment, it was very helpful to know.

Hi Eddo,
You mentioned…
“Couple things here:
With cleaning the spark plugs (who does that?) and checking fuel injectors, is the dealership thinking this is a misfire? I have seen a misfire cause all kinds of other lights to come on, as systems get disabled by the cars computer seeing an issue with the engine.”

I was going through the paperwork of my car’s work & it says here:

“A C/S That All The Warning Lights Are Coming On But The Car Does Start
M Tech Cleared Codes Had MisFire Code P0301”

What Does It Mean By MisFire ? _____.

None of my co-workers are near the age eligible to collect social security. During the last 2 1/2 years, 7 co-workers have quit, ages range from 20 to 55 years old. The median age of those who left is about 30 years of age.

1 Like

I know two retired, can not say what happened to the other techs/mechanics, especially those that do oil&tires in as much as they are usually younger.

1 Like

Tech cleared code. It did not return?

1 Like

@PatSmith Simply: a p0301 misfire means that cylinder #1 is not working properly.

here is a link that gives some more info:
https://www.engine-codes.com/p0301_honda.html

and I echo Cavell’s question: did the code return? Is the check engine light back on after the dealer tech cleared it?

1 Like

No, the Code did not return. They the Honda Dealership had my car for 8 hours (!).

Thanks for the website; I found it informative.
Nope, the Code did not return. The Dealership had my car for 9 hours, so whatever they did, it must have been a lot.