2023 Hyundai Tucson - Chip reset resolved it

The sucky thing is… is that Hyundai knows about this problem :pensive: I took mine in and they had to resest my chip and it was fixed no problems afterwards. It’s more annoying than anything. I’ve been a loyal Hyundai owner from an 05, 13, 16 elantra to now my 23 Tuscon.

OK, thanks for letting us know, but we have no idea what you are talking about (without digging)… This is an automotive help forum…

1 Like

fyi: The posts in this category often start on another car-repair related website, cars.com I think. some appear to be later forwarded here. So OP is likely referring to Hyundai-repair related posts at the other website.

The manufacturer isn’t always able to respond to design problems discovered after the vehicle’s release as quickly as the car owner’s like. (Hopefully) Their engineering and manufacturing teams first go through a design-review process, done to insure the 'fix" doesn’t introduce other unanticipated problems. It’s generally in the car-owner’s best interest to allow this process to proceed.

I expect you’ve noticed the increasing complexity in the vehicles over the years. Complexity is one of the factors that breeds these sort of problems. Since buyers like these features, there’s not much the new-car owner can do about it.

Apparently they do know about it, but we don’t–unless you explain the nature of the problem.

2 Likes

Thinking it would have saved a trip if they did the reset before the car left the lot.