2018 Chevrolet Impala - poor illumination by headlights

i just bought a 2018 chev impala the headlamps illumination is so poor i can only drive in daylight please is there a fix or should i dump it before i have an accident ?

As a truck driver who drives mostly at night, I see on average 15 cars a night that are driving with only their “Daytime Running Lights” on and no taillights.

Are you sure you are turning on your headlights ?
and not assuming your “Daytime Running Lights” are your automatic headlights ?

Do people flash their headlights at you a lot?
They’re trying to tell you to turn on your Headlights and Taillights.

Just because your dash lights are on, doesn’t mean your headlights and taillights are on.

6 Likes

Impalas have bigger headlights than a lot of todays cars with their blinding LED headlights and would think they would have decent illuminating power. Have not seen any other complaints about this for the Impalas . . A lot of cars you can either turn them on manually or have them via a light sensor in the dash . Check the setting for your head lamp switch .

See what the IIHS tests say about your headlights. There may be more than one kind for the Impala. Often there is a good and a not-so-good choice on any model of car.

1 Like

what does your Chevy dealership say about this still under warranty vehicle’s headlights?