2016 RX350, OCD-maintained, worth anything at 357k?

Tax deduction for charitable donation.

What dio you mean by that? As others have pointed out, You can only take a charitable deduction if all your deduction exceed the minimum standard deduction and only by the amount that exceeds it.

Then to find out how much money you save, take the excess and take the tax bracket you are in and multiply it by the excess. It does not come out as a lot.

Nobody gets a $5000 reduction in their taxes for a $5000 charitable contribution.

Carmax and the like would not buy a car with high miles, usually over 120K miles. If they buy it, they send it to auction, so they really low ball. Your best bet is a private sale, probably to some HS or college bound kid or someone who is willing to put the work in and fix the computer issues. And now I know why you want to sell the car. Those computer issues are a problem.

Oldtimer is correct.
Because of widespread abuse, without a “Qualified Appraisal” or “proof of value through a resale”, the Charitable Deduction for Contributed Property is limited to $500 and even then only worthwhile if you Itemize.

With the mileage and condition you describe you’re looking at Craigslist or Ebay.

1 Like

Spend $3,000 to restore the computer functions to OEM level when planning to sell the vehicle?
No.
Mechanically well maintained? Yes.

2 Likes

Colorado State Patrol mechanic advises retiring the RX350 at this high mileage.

The computer issues are an.noyance but do not effect how well the vehicle runs.
Were I a student buying it, I would not bother fixing the computer.
Then again, I would buy a Corona and Corolla, as I did in school.

1 Like

Spend $3,000 to restore the computer functions to OEM level when planning to sell the vehicle?
No.
Mechanically well maintained? Yes.

1 Like

Spend less then $3000 to fix computer

1 Like

does the electric skillet come with it? Or do I have to provide my own?

2 Likes

Must provide own.
The Presto engine block and transmissioheateremains for the 2021 RX350.

:rofl:

You beat me to it!

2 Likes

I see no reason to beat up on Robert Gift. He is not an average urban or suburban dweller. He has found a niche job he enjoys and makes a living at and provides a needed service. His car maintenance ideas are a little OCD but he knows it. I don’t see anything wrong with letting the oil drain overnight, what does it hurt?

Her has driven 357 k on a gasoline engined vehicle that he regularly drives at high speed. That to me is impressive. So is 131 mph with a light bar mounted.

When I changed oil on my own car in the winter I used to put the car up on ranps, pull the drain plug and filter just before lunch and take the new oil jug and warm it on top of the furnace for about 3 hours before finishing the change.

Necessary ? No but not harmful and the only extra work was washing my hands twice.

The oil on my 2012 Camry stays so clean that just before my yearly oil change, it is still hard to read on the dipstick.

3 Likes

Easy. Put car for sale online. If you get any replies it means folks are ok with price. If you get no replies, then you know

2 Likes

Put it on eBay no reserve, starting bid $0.01, see where it goes.

1 Like

Okay, I am insufficiently OCD about OCD.
This forum be mucheaper than psychiatric help.
Tried to paste the PeanutsÂź Lucy poster [Psychiatric Help 5Âą]

1 Like

Here you go.

4 Likes

imout

4 Likes

Donate to an organization that provides cars for people to use rather than sell for money. IIRC Kars 4 Kids does this. If your Lexus really is in decent shape they will turn it over to a poor person, typically a ooor family that will use it for work commutes and getting the children wherever they need to go. You can find other organizations like this with a web search. If you are interested in this one their URL is kars4kids.org.

2 Likes

Must admit, when 0Âș outside and called at 03:50 to perform an emergentransport in an RX350 over a skillet seto 350Âș, it is nice when the vehicle is slightly warm and engine and transmission warmer!

I forgot to mention probably the best return, which is selling it through an International auction sites like Mannheim or maybe Copart.

Foreign buyers in 3rd World countries have been paying top dollar for Luxury SUV’s, SUV’s and Trucks, which are quickly shipped off to 3rd World countries where the repair costs and buyer expectations are a fraction of the US rates.

Easy to do, minimal risk, just go online to their websites for the information.

1 Like