2016 RX350, OCD-maintained, worth anything at 357k?

569K miles on a Passat, quite an accomplishment. Gentle driving and proper maintenance.

A couple years ago, I saw a 1993 Dodge Shadow at the “you pull it” junkyard with 368,000 miles on it. Appeared to be the original motor and transmission.

And last year, I saw a 1997 Toyota Camry for sale on Craigslist with the elusive automatic transmission and no other options
meaning hand-crank windows, non-powered seats, etc. I would love to have another one, but it had almost 300,000 miles so I didn’t bite. However, the ad was deleted after a few days, so someone bought it.

1 Like

I’ve sold three cars with over 300,000. One I go5 $200 for, another finally &50, and the other one $500 on a trade. People willing may be out there if you look hard but I never found any. Essentially scrap if the tires are good.

1 Like

Mom wanted to donate her car to the church, they would not accept it because of cel. Did the public radio support donation and got a $5000 tax credit for auctionvalue. The car was 15 years old, That was 2018!

2 Likes

Mine was better! Withe frontires on ramps, the oil pan slantedown andrained even more!

1 Like

Yep, because you got about 1.076584317 ounces more oil out. :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Thought it might be 1.21

A 2016 Lexus with no body damage and working motor and trans is worth something. I’d put it online and see what offers you get. You can decide to sell it or not

1 Like

Yep. Go to several used car lots and see what they’ll offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was $5000 or more.

Thank you, both.
CarMax or similar?

Two holes in each roof rack rail about 14 inches apart where the light bar was mounted.
A small “soft” dent of grocery store origin in front quarter panel.

Biggest annoyance is thathe computer display screen and its many functionstopped working:
No mouse operation, no GPS, No Cruise Control (I really miss CC on long distance Interstate driving), no sound system, no cell phone through sound system, no indication of where theat or air conditioning iset - but stilheats and cools.
Collision-avoidance and Back-up camera still work.

2 Likes

The electronics problems is a big issue. Dealers may offer very little since they probably couldn’t sell it.

1 Like

Yes. Over the telephone Lexsuck dealer guesses $3,000 or more to fix it with used computer.

Any car electric shop that could check it out?

1 Like

I bet someone could find dash unit online for <$3k.
Found one for $400, found a lot

2 Likes

Thank you.
Is that the computer which produces the displays/functions on the screen?
The screen still works displaying the back up camera video as usual.
Must leave on a blood transport.

You call that “OCD Maintained”? You’re joking, right? Fixing things that are broken is what MAINTENANCE is all about.

2 Likes

I don’t know if the hvac controls and/or dash HU is a 1 piece module. The HU may do multiple functions and there may be multiple modules. If you say the display does not work fully correctly then a new display may or may not fix the issue. But it’s a good place to start.

Maintenance means keeping fluids changed at proper intervals, inspecting mechanical parts, replacing mechanical parts, keeping adjustments in specification, etc.
Not plugging in an old used computer for $3000 when planning to retire and sell the 355K vehicle.
This computer malfunction is not affecting the vehicle’s mission. But was nice when working.

1 Like

ls it a tax deduction rather than a tax credit? Big difference.

A $5000 tax credit would decrease your tax bill by $5000.

A $5000 tax deduction would decrease you tax bill by $5000 x whatever your tax bracket is.

If you are in the 15% bracket it would decrease your tax bill by only $750.

And that’s only if your deductions exceed the standard deduction.

1 Like