2015 Chevrolet Camaro - Accidentally Put Diesel In

I’m totally with you on paying for gas with a credit card…

But some folks avoid credit cards for a variety of reasons. Maybe it’s the perceived risk of going into debt…or that The Government or Big Brother are watching your credit card usage.

For me personally, I like that I can buy gas any time I need it. And I get one single bill to pay at the end of each month.

But your mileage may vary.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean? Did you post in this thread before now? As far as I know the sticking valve problem wasn’t due to diesel fuel contamination.

Then why did you post it in this thread and muddy the waters ? Just so you could tell another unrelated story ?

2 Likes

You weren’t saying contaminated gasoline caused valves to stick open?
Sounds catastrophic.

I was in Grand Junction Colorado, gassing up my car and there was a good sized rental truck with a 24 ’ Box and a power lift gate.

He was on the phone telling someone that he had filled up the truck and it had stalled and would not restart.

He was parked at the gasoline pumps and the fuel tank on the truck was stenciled DIESEL FUEL ONLY.

I quickly finished and left. I did not want to be there when he found out what he had done. I wonder if rental truck insurance would cover this?

When more EVs hit the road instead of motorists putting diesel fuel in gasoline vehicles or gasoline in diesel vehicles, motorists will try to put DC kilowatts in vehicles requiring AC kilowatts or AC kilowatts in DC vehicles.
Instead of questions about using 87 octane gasoline in vehicles requiring 91 octane, we will get questions from people who want to take their EVs overseas and are worried about whether their EVs that require 60.hz kilowatts will run on 50 hz kilowatts and will the EV’s motor be damaged.
(sorry, I just couldn’t resist making this analogy).

3 Likes

AFAIK diesel contamination wasn’t implicated in the Louisiana problem. I think that incident occurred in 2019, google might provide more info. Catastrophic? I don’t think so. I expect it was possible to free up the stuck valves in most cases with nothing more than a chemical treatment. .