2014 Ford F-150 - Transmission issues since new

I bought my truck new in Oct 2014. It is a naturally aspirated 3.5 liter V6 with a 6 speed trans and 2 wheel drive. I have had a transmission problem since I bought it new. The trans has a long hesitation before it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear whether from a stop or while driving slow. This is also a safety issue.It also hesitates shifting through all the other gears. While under warranty the ford dealer in my area “Galpin Ford” could never find the trouble or any trouble codes. This was not a sporadic problem. It happened EVERY time I drove the truck. I brought the truck to them at least 2 times for this. I finally just gave up. I still have the problem and the truck only has 45,000 miles.

try bringing it to another ford dealer.

1 Like

If the warranty is not run out.

Pretty sure the powertrain warranty ran out after 5 years. Much as I hate shoulda, woulda, coulda, the OP should have been much more persistent.

1 Like

Agree he should not have given after the second attempt.

1 Like

Then why try here? You should have been more persistent with Ford while THEY were paying for it. Now YOU are going to pay for it.

My suggestion is to sell the truck and buy something else.

1 Like

Just to rule this out, by any chance do you leave the Tow/haul button on? It is designed to hold the shifts longer for more power.

1 Like

I suspect you do not have a transmission problem. Just the transmission is setup this way because of the small engine.
At what RPM is it shifting?

2 Likes

Try to find another truck with the v6 and 6 speed and see if it’s similar, maybe. Or sell it. I do sympathize with giving up on an issue under warranty. As long as the vehicle operates well enough and doesn’t have a CEL, you can’t really force the dealer to do anything. Take it to another dealer, sure. But if they don’t do anything, you’re out of luck. Call customer service and they’ll just refer you back to the dealer :unamused:.

Does the delay between shifts just refer to it holding gears longer than you think it should, or are you saying it takes a long time to complete a shift?

That is why I asked about RPM.

1 Like

This problem is exactly why some states have lemon laws. Remember that for the future.

2 Likes

2 days- can you say drive-by? LOL
I could never understand why someone would post a question and then never return. unless they just feel like venting.
we should have a Car Talk Venting section.

4 Likes

+1
Over the past couple of years, I think that we have gotten a fairly large number of posts that are essentially an exercise in venting, rather than an attempt at an answer.

4 Likes

now that I think about it, I think I may have seen a Car Talk Link on Car Complaints. maybe that’s why we get the drive-bys

1 Like

We used to I think it was rants or something like that. It was removed a few years back

1 Like

I don’t remember that do you know why it was removed?

Sorry, I don’t remember exactly, it may have been when the site switched hosting software.

1 Like

IIRC, it was removed because it got to the point where it consisted of mostly-divisive politically-charged rants.

1 Like

Just think how bad a Rant section would be now . :angry:

1 Like

oh, that is why we have none of that now. LOL