2013 Ford Fusion has had lots of problems

transmission problem coolant problems engine dying problems

Is it due to lack of maintenance?
All items you mentioned require preventative maintenance.

3 Likes

all my service was done by them and then i did my services at Firestone who have ASE mechanics please bare in mind as i do between 3-4 k miles par yr services were done as required can obtain records from Firestone . besides these problems occur to virtually every Fusion as per the thousands that have had these substandard problems (as per Class action lawsuits )

thanking you Harry Berger
ps as a retired owner of a mechanical workshop i am very vigilant when it comes to maintaining my car

If these are all know problems why are you here :question: Have you joined the law suits :question: Do you actually have a question :question: Just venting :question:

7 Likes

firstly i am looking to join in a class action lawsuit so i googled class action lawsuits and your site came up. thinking i was possibly writing to a case evaluator i entered a chat with you so to answer you i am not venting but i am trying to find a venue where i could possibly get compensated or the car to be replaced as a senior vet at 80 yrs old and having the engine quit while on the freeway i have been reduced to driving on side streets not far from home carrying a gallon of engine coolant and been given the brush off at the dealer service dept over and above this should be considered elder abuse

i was not aware that this was a chit chat Harry Berger
if you not aware the coolant gets sucked into the engine which will cause premature engine failure as for the violent transmission changing of gears would create a disaster either fix is over 6000 fact

I sincerely wish you good luck, but I seriously doubt if you can be compensated for repairs on an 8 year old vehicle. And, in my opinion, the chance of them “replacing” the car for you is non-existent.

You might think that I am being harsh, but I’m just trying to give you some sense of reality regarding the situation.

This is the only thing I could find, only about transmission problem:

The Ford Transmission Class Action Lawsuit is Vargas, et al. v. Ford Motor Co., Case No. 2:12-cv-08388, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.

Further search did find a class action for eco-boost Fusions.

… and that lawsuit was apparently settled, with the named plaintiffs being compensated an unspecified amount of money, in March, 2017.

Is it possible for the OP to “tag onto” a 4 year old settlement at this point?
I think that only his attorney could give him an authoritative answer.

THANK YOU SO YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER I BOUGHT THE CAR 4 YRS AGO 24K I DO 3/4 PER YR
THIS CAR CAME WITH A BUMPER TO BUMPER 7 YR 70K FORD ISSUED WARRANTY. THE PROBLEMS I AM HAVING HAVE AROUND A 1/4 MILLION FUSION DRIVERS HERE IS MY CASE FORD KNEW OF THESE PROBLEMS AND DID NADA ABOUT IT .

FURTHER MORE MY FORD DEALERSHIP CANT TAKE IN ANOTHER FUSION THEIR WORKSHOP IS FULL AND THEY SENDING ME TO OTHER FORD DEALERSHIPS EVEN THEIR PARKING IS FULL OF FUSION AND FORD FOCUS
THAT IS MY CASE IN A NUT SHELL . FORD GUARANTEED THE CAR FOR 70K REGARDLESS OF THE CARS VINTAGE

harry berg
harryberg439@aol.com

1 Like

I really doubt if that was a Bumper to Bumper but a drive line warranty with some things not covered . You should check your paper work to be sure .

1 Like

7 yrs or 70k miles. Whichever comes first. 7 yrs is up. Warranty is over

NO NO IT CLEARLY STATES BUMPER TO BUMPER THERE ARE OTHER FORD WARRANTIES

THESE NEW FORD TRANNY COOLANT PROBLEMS ARE POST 2017

ILL KEEP YOU POSTED OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE

harry berg
harryberg439@aol.com

FROM DATE OF PURCHASE AUG 2016 DO THE MATH

harry berg
harryberg439@aol.com

Well it seems that on your 2013 Ford ( I guess it was a CPO - Certified Pre-Owned ) purchase the Ford site states -
… 7 years or 100000 miles from date of original purchase which will be 2013 not 2016 . And that is a drive line warranty . You did have 12 month or 12000 miles Bumper to Bumper . Both of those have expired .

Also Harry drop the all caps because on the web it means you are yelling at people .

How about trying a different approach?

Appeal to the service manager on a personal level?

Tell him you’re a retired veteran who used to own a shop, you bought this CPO For Fusion a few years ago, because you’d heard what a great company Ford was, and that you’d much rather buy American, versus import, and you’ve taken immaculate care of it.

Ask him if he can’t “goodwill” some or all of that $6000 repair

The idea is that if they show you goodwill, you’ll do the same, telling your friends and neighbors how that particular dealership took great care of you, going above and beyond to do the right thing. And maybe some of your friends will hear this and go to the dealership to look for their next car.

Service managers have quite a bit of discretion

4 Likes

That isn’t a bad idea, but if this car really has a Ford-issued warranty that–in theory–is still in effect,
I think that the OP should be dealing with Ford at the corporate level, rather than with the dealership. A polite, yet firm, phone call, followed by a certified letter verifying the facts of the case and the date and time of the phone call would be a good way to start.

That being said, do manufacturers really provide a 7 year all-inclusive warranty on a vehicle that is already 3 years old at the time of purchase?

1 Like

He probably meant an extended warranty.Usually it covers 4 more years after the bumper to bumper warranty ends but you have to pay $$$$ for it.If its the case,they will perform the work covered by the extended warranty at no charge to the customer.

THEY AGREED ALSO INFORMED ME THAT THEY WILL GIVE ME A LOANER HOWEVER I NEED TO FIND A FORD DEALER THAT CAN DO IT. AS MY DEALER IS SNOWED UNDER. AS MY CAR IS UNSAFE I NEED TO NEGOTIATE A LOANER LET THEM KEEP MY CAR FOR MONTHS I DONT REALLY CARE.

harry berg
harryberg439@aol.com

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AS I HAVE BOUGHT 3 CARS FROM THEM THEY KNOW ME WELL I HAVE TAKEN THEM TO COURT BEFORE AND BEAT THEM SO NOW WE DEAL WITH EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT
LAST WEEK WHEN I WENT IN TO COMPLAIN THEY FAFFED AROUND SO I REMINDED THEM OF OUR PREVIOUS ENCOUNTER

THEY THEN OFFERED ME 3K MORE ON A TRADE IN I REFUSED THEN THE MANAGER TOOK ME TO THE NEW HEAD OF SERVICE WHO ACKNOWLEDGED IT IS A FORD PROBLEM AND MY WARRANTY ENTITLES ME TO A LOANER THIS WEEK I HAVE TO FIND A FORD DEALERSHIP THAT CAN TAKE ME THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

harry berg
harryberg439@aol.com

And you can use that to your advantage

1 Like