2006 Ford F-150 - Spark plug blow up

sparkplug blow up, spent 2000 in parts and labor…Had the same problem, I would join a class action law suit …please contact me

Don’t know what a spark plug blow up actually means. Would help if you gave more info… specifically the engine and number of miles on it. Guessing 5.4 liter 3 valve… very problematic engine. Must have 175,000 on it by now.

Doubt you have any legal recourse with a high mileage 15 year old truck. But I am not a lawyer.

4 Likes

+1
Anything is possible I suppose, but the likelihood of being successful with a lawsuit involving a 15 year old vehicle is probably somewhere between slim and none.

3 Likes

And Slim’s left town… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Izzy is one-and-done. :roll_eyes:

He most likely means the plug blew out of the engine, taking the coil along with it

Sadly, quite common on some Ford engines

Time-sert to the rescue . . .

3 Likes

Lawsuits for everyone. Pass out the subpoenas. Raise the right hand, start the interrogatories.Increase court security.
Bring in the police SWAT team director (If I had a rubber hose I would beat you.) from Christmas Vacation.

Being a bit crass I suppose but lawsuits du jour irritate me to no end; much less on a 15 year old sled.

That’s actually a super common problem with that particular vehicle.

I’d suggest selling it and getting a Chevy😉

2 Likes

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/consumer-reports-ranked-the-2021-chevy-silverado-as-the-most-unreliable-truck/

Tester

1 Like

I don’t know a whole lot about the newer ones. I was more thinking a Chevy equivalent of the same year. Silverado’s between 99-13 were solid trucks.

He likely means a Chevy from the same time period, i.e. the mid-2000’s–not a brand new 2021 model. And I can vouch for the fact that Chevrolet trucks from the late 1990’s to mid-2000’s are solid, having driven several of them as work trucks. The new trucks have reached cartoonish proportions, and appear to be too big to easily drive and park, and the bed is too high off the ground to easily load heavy cargo.

2 Likes

Work on vehicles for over fifty years, and you know what’s solid.

That’s why I don’t own GM vehicles.

Tester

3 Likes

I use to work at a ford garage, some engines vibrate more than others and the spark plugs if not torqued to specs may come unscrewed and blow out of the hole. This is common on some year and models. Type of metal used in the head the age of the metal or non metal, if the engine over heats may play a factor.
You can use Heli coil threat repair and replace with new spark plug sometimes it works sometime not?

This is a problem particular to certain Ford engines

And Time-sert is the way to go, at least in this instance

2 Likes

99 to 2007.5. After that, they got active fuel management with oil burning engines and lifters prone to failure. In the 5.3 liter, anyway

I have two brother in laws that owned Ford’s with the 5.4 3 valve. One’s engine went over 300k miles with routine maintenance. The other, the engine crapped out under warranty. Hit or miss, I guess.

Ok, now I need to know what you do own.

Ford Spark Plug Blow Out Problems How to Repair | Tech Articles (denlorstools.com)

1997 Honda Accord 2.7 V6.

220,000 miles.

???

Tester

A damn fine truck. :grin:

1 Like