Got a 2004 Accord EX 2.4L v4 automatic with 127,000 miles.
It’s making a loud squealing/chirping noise when it’s started. It’s fairly loud and appears to be tied to the engine in some way - it gets louder when it idles when first started and when in lower gear, then fades in lower RPMs. It fades after a few minutes, although it can come and go. The noise is weather-dependent; when it’s colder, it’s louder and lasts for longer. It does not seem to be related to brakes (happens when braking and not) or steering (doesn’t change noticeably when wheel is turned or not).
It has had several recent(ish) repairs that may rule out some issues I’ve found in other threads:
- I just changed the power steering hose o-ring, so it’s not that.
- Serpentine belt is relatively new; changed in 2014, and it’s tight enough (less than 1cm play).
- Alternator is also new, having been changed in the last couple of years.
- Fluids are all topped off and good.
- Changed a power steering pressure hose (cable?) in the last couple of months that was leaking.
Anyone have any ideas? I’m working in an apartment parking lot, so I don’t have a lot in the way of space/tools. I haven’t taken the belt off and tested each pulley for that reason. Thanks in advance!