2003 Accord shakes like British nanny

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord and it shakes violently whenever I’m accelerating between 55 and 65 mph. If you put a shaker on the passenger seat, you’d have a martini. Approaching 55, it’s fine, and then it shakes as I go up to 65 and then smooths out when I pass 65. If I am cruising, but not accelerating in between 55 and 65, it stops shaking, but once I hit the gas, it shakes.

The same phenomenon occurs in both third and fourth gears, so it doesn’t appear to be related to what part of the power band the car is in.

This model Accord had a recall on the engine mounts, which I had replaced at no small cost already.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

In addition to having the motor mounts checked, I would suggest that you have your mechanic check the inner CV joints. What you described is a symptom of failing inner CV joints.

VDCdriver pretty much summed it up. So I’ll just second it.

You could have suspension problems, too. Have it inspected when they look at the CV joints.

you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the help, and I will let you know what I hear when I have the cv joints checked.