Vibrating Honda Accord Between 50-65 mph When Accelerating

Hi Guys,

My 2007, Honda Accord, 6-speed manual, 6 cylinder EX Coupe vibrates when I accelerate between the speeds of approx. 50-65 mph and then smooths out above that speed. Slightly higher when going uphill.

It only happens when accelerating and not if I’m just cruising without applying the power. My wheels and tires have been checked for balance and are in good shape. No bent rims, tires are in balance.

Any clues here?

Thanks,

Stu

I would suggest that you have your mechanic check the CV joints, particularly the inner CV joints.

How many miles on the car? Bad motor-mounts can cause this, allowing the engine to move around…A bad wheel bearing is another possibility…Do you feel it in the steering wheel?

While on the subject of the wheel bearing, do you hear more noise from the front end than you used to? That can be an indication of a wheel bearing going.

My car has about 118,000 miles on it. I don’t especially feel it in the steering wheel. The vibration seems to be coming from the front. The left wheel also seems to make a progressive a whirring sound the faster I drive that may or may not be related.

Jack the suspect wheel off the ground and see if you can grab the tire and detect any slop or movement in the bearing…

“The left wheel also seems to make a progressive a whirring sound the faster I drive that may or may not be related.”

Now that you have revealed that important detail, I agree that the problem is likely to be a wheel bearing.