1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Power accessory problems

Drivers side front door lock and power window switch will not power other door locks or operate the rest of the windows. Can anyone suggest a shop that has expertise in this area?

Welcome, would you like a shop near Nashville area or??? lol

The best thing you can do is ask friends, coworkers, family and or Google shops in your area, look for reviews etc…

1 Like

Sorry, I do not know a shop in your area.
most likely it is your master switch on your driver’s door that needs to be replaced. If you want to replace it yourself this video will show you how,

How To Replace Master Power Window Switch 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee - Bing video

This not like Google where your location is provided by the CIA . Just use your search engine , your friends , coworkers or relatives that might have a shop that they like.

Notice the link at the top of this page “repair shops”? Might be helpful. But I don’t know how current the recommendations are, and remember you don’t know who’s doing the recommending; i.e. it could be biased. DaveMopar’s is the better method to find a good shop imo.

The problem you are having is pretty common by reports here. Not just on 96 JGC’s, but on cars with power windows & locks in general. You can see what others have said here about that topic using the forum search feature, link upper right this page. If you want to do something yourself, inspect the driver-side door hinge area for wire bundles running through. Any sign of wire damage from repeated door opening/closing?

Where do you live? Maybe someone that lives near you can suggest a local shop. Also, do all of the windows and door switches work at the doors they serve? It is probably a master switch or master switch wiring problem and you should have a full description of the problem for the shop before you go in. The more you know about the problem the better you can explain it. Also that helps you understand the solution presented by the shop.