1994 Chevy Astro Van

The heater/fan quit working, so I disconnected the heater/fan relay under the hood and used a small wire and hotwired it to see if I could get the heater fan to work. Now, the van will not start. Is there an inline fuse or a fuse in the fuse box that may be burned out? Everything works, but the van will not start. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Most of the time a heater fan problem is the resistor block (speed control).

What exactly do you mean “will not start?”

Yes, there are fuses. The fuse block is under the dash on the driver’s side. This van also has fusible links at the starter where all the electrical taps are located. You can roll the fusible links with your fingers, and if any feel rough, they are blown. There should be a tag on the wire near the connector that states the size of the fusible link. Make sure any you replace are also cut to the same length.

The gray fusible link between the battery junction box and the Hi A/C Relay supplies power for the blower fan. If it’s blown, there’s an electrical short which blew it.
I think you blew the black fusible link that supplies power to the ignition switch and a lot of other things.
The Chevy dealer parts dept has replacement fusible links. Get several of each amperage.

The car turns over but will not start.

Thank you very much for your reply. Your information was very helpful and I’ll try looking for those things.

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ll try the things that you said.